Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikolai Valuev Robs Evander Holyfield of Historic Title Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, another Don King gem... the old coot knows how to get things done.

Boxing fans, still think we don't need a national commission to regulate the sport?

Comment

I had it 115-113 Holyfield. So it was a close fight with a lot of close rounds that was difficult to score. Especially in front of the tele.

The robbery cry here on NSB right now is kinda lame.

The question one gotta ask oneself is: Could you see the other guy winning? Although I had Holyfield winning, I can understand the 2 judges that saw it differently.

Comment

Originally posted by ********* View Post
        Ah, another Don King gem... the old coot knows how to get things done.

Boxing fans, still think we don't need a national commission to regulate the sport?
        no

national commissions even further corrupt things..US gov..hello

free market economics..people dont buy...fighters dont eat...officials dont eat..and then they are FORCED to clean up..its the only fullproof way

Comment

Originally posted by BatTheMan View Post
          I had it 115-113 Holyfield. So it was a close fight with a lot of close rounds that was difficult to score. Especially in front of the tele.

The question one gotta ask oneself is: Could you see the other guy winning? Although I had Holyfield winning, I can understand the 2 judges that saw it differently.
          No, I couldn't. I was scoring in high favor of Valuev for the last 6 rounds and still has him losing 116-112. The announcers on the stream I was watching both said it was the worst decision they had seen.
          Last edited by evilp0ptart; 12-20-2008, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Another Highway Robbery Holyfield-Valuev

This was, at least, 116-112 Evander.
            Last edited by Exciterx30; 12-20-2008, 06:24 PM. Reason: Tried a new thread and this ended here. Don't know why

Comment

Bat I just don't know what to think of that post right know, I'm amazed at the result and as amazed you think it was that close. Seriously.

I'm enraged with this decision, it's a stain on the sport, and unfortunately as a lot of people don't seem to be able to separate the 50 countries in Europe, a stain on Europe. For me it's a stain on those judges though and god knows what else. This fight was not right.

Valuev was celebrating like he knew he'd won, and I just cannot understand how he could think that when he clearly didn't land anywhere near as much, it's very suspicious.

Comment

buy some glasses.

j/k but really dno how u can have it that close. i had valuev winning 3 rounds at most.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post

Valuev was celebrating like he knew he'd won, and I just cannot understand how he could think that when he clearly didn't land anywhere near as much, it's very suspicious.
                  valuev knew they had paid the judges. he wasnt bothered the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                    valuev knew all along. see how he ddnt care and raised his arms at theend. i hope he gets ktfo
                    Yeah right like he's ever going to take on an actual opponent like one of Klits or a proper contender. This overreaction though is a bit extreme, I laughed hard at the result for 2 reasons:

1) Cos I had a small amount of money on Valuev to win the big and a slightly bigger amount on him winning by decision and doubled my money.
                    2) No one is ever going to do anything about this, the WBA are pretty going to protect Valuev as much as his promoter and the fact that a lot of people don't even know who to launch their complaints at (due to there being to many governing bodies/organisations) means that all the protests will just be ignored

Plus at the end of the day what did Holyfield really achieve tonight? He slightly out landed a piss poor excuse for a champion in a fight that feels like if someone told you there were 200 punches thrown in the fight, it would be an over-exaggeration. Holyfield did win the fight but even if he’d won it officially what would happen next, do you really wanna see him get in there with one of the Klits and made permanently punch-drunk? People are now treating this as though it was a proper title fight because they were robbed of the upset but what people should remember is that this fight was essentially a circus performance. An awful awful circus performance.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
                      People are now treating this as though it was a proper title fight because they were robbed of the upset but what people should remember is that this fight was essentially a circus performance.
                      True words.

Comment

Working...
                      X