No announcement yet.

The "Real Deal" wont retire until he becomes undisputed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
    Never seen such a bunch of touchy posters. I have already cleared my damn statement but no one reads. They keep quoting the same initial post that was misunderstood. Looks like all you like to do is say "what a load of ****" in all your posts. Whatever, stay with the same thing. Can you read when I explained my statement? Some want to make it seem like it's something against Europe. Hey, some of my favorite boxers are European. Stop being offended by stuff beyond your control. If judges have done a poor job in Germany on a constant basis, thats's not an attack on you as individuals. FYI, many of those judges there are Hispanic. Do I get offended by their poor job? No. Disgusted? Several times. Let it go and don't take it as a personal attack on you. Now I know why I have posted so very few times lately. There's a misunderstanding a controversy too often.
    Chill out. If anyones over reacting you are now. No one else said so much, or went so off topic, or been so un constructive, not backing up their claims. There's no need for beef and there's no problem with you, just chill and post.

Saying Europe instead of Germany was quite a huge **** up at best, and you can see why some would not credit it even being that. I've seen a lot of people criticise a country for various things, rarely have I seen them 'accidentally' say the region instead of the country.

Even then, you have not backed up how Germany is quite as corrupt in all Boxing decisions as you make out. No chance of winning on points over there, that is a wild exaggeration which you've not backed up based on hundreds of fights that go on per year with no problem. There's a minority of bad decisions all over the world, it's a push to prove there's been more proportionately in German versus anywhere else given Johnson, Andrade and others recently.

Chill out. No ones being quite as strong or un constructive as you, ironically.
    Last edited by Kris Silver; 12-20-2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
      If anyones over reacting you are now. No one else said so much, or went so off topic.

Why can't you just admit saying Europe instead of Germany was quite a huge **** up at best, and you can see why some would not credit it even being that. I've seen a lot of people criticise a country for various things, rarely have I seen them 'accidentally' say the region instead of the country.

Even then, you have not backed up how Germany is quite as corrupt in all Boxing decisions as you make out. No chance of winning on points over there, that is a wild exaggeration which you've not backed up based on hundreds of fights that go on per year with no problem. There's a minority of bad decisions all over the world, it's a push to prove there's been more proportionately in German versus anywhere else given Johnson, Andrade and others recently.

Maybe if you stated your points in a more respectful manner I would. I don't know if you are accustomed to fighting over the internet, but I outgrew that **** ages ago. I rarely post to avoid misunderstandings as most of these new posters are unknown to me. I never said it's impossible to win in Germany, but usually, I have seen close but decisive wins go the way of the European fighter. Just like I was disgusted last week when Oquendo got robbed against Toney in AMERICA. I don't know if you got it as a racial statement. If that was it, then I say you got it wrong. When Ruiz lost to Valuev, even the part of the German fanbase disagreed. I do remember Julio Gonzalez beating Tiger Dariusz on points, which was an excellent job from the judges and I gave props. I already admitted my mistake but I'm not gonna take crap from someone not willing to read when I clarified my statement. I mean that for anyone, not personal.
      Last edited by Exciterx30; 12-20-2008, 11:38 AM.

Comment

The irony is that back in 1994/1995 after the Bowe fights, Holyfield was genuinely considering retirement. Fast foward 13 years and all those punches to the head have finally taken their toll; knocking all the sense out of his head.

At least Tyson didn't want to humiliate himself and the sport anymore by carrying on.

Comment

Maybe if you stated your points in a more respectful manner I would. I don't know if you are accustomed to fighting over the internet, but I outgrew that **** ages ago. I rarely post to avoid misunderstandings as most of these new posters are unknown to me. I never said it's impossible to win in Germany, but usually, I have seen close but decisive wins go the way of the European fighter. Just like I was disgusted last week when Oquendo got robbed against Toney in AMERICA. I don't know if you got it as a racial statement. If that was it, then I say you got it wrong. When Ruiz lost to Valuev, even the part of the German fanbase disagreed. I do remember Julio Gonzalez beating Tiger Dariusz on points, which was an excellent job from the judges and I gave props. I already admitted my mistake but I'm not gonna take crap from someone not willing to read when I clarified my statement. I mean that for anyone, not personal.
          Ok man, it's all good then. You got a few strong responses to that slip up so I don't think it was just me. It's testament that slipping up and slurring on a region, when meaning a specific country is a big deal. I wont even draw specific comparisons for other regions but you can only imagine, if say someone generalised a criticism meant for a specific south American country, and just said all of the America's, or something similar for the middle east.

Anyways, I'm sorry you feel Germany is quite so bad and I do disagree there, I accept your points but would ask that you question quite how bad it really is, because I think you'll find it's actually not that bad. A robberies a robbery and they understandably stir up feelings for everyone no matter where it is so that's understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
            Ok man, it's all good then. You got a few strong responses to that slip up so I don't think it was just me. It's testament that slipping up and slurring on a region, when meaning a specific country is a big deal. I wont even draw specific comparisons for other regions but you can only imagine, if say someone generalised a criticism meant for a specific south American country, and just said all of the America's, or something similar for the middle east.

Anyways, I'm sorry you feel Germany is quite so bad and I do disagree there, I accept your points but would ask that you question quite how bad it really is, because I think you'll find it's actually not that bad. A robberies a robbery and they understandably stir up feelings for everyone no matter where it is so that's understandable.
            Ok, no problem at all from me. I think name recognition has a lot to do with bs decisions. Toney getting a decision over Oquendo is an example, De La Hoya over Sturm is another. Both fights were in America. On the other hand, I have disagreed strongly with fights like Ruiz-Valuev 1 and Valued-Donald, both in Germany. I think it's totally unfair for a boxer to spend months training, win a fight, only to get a bad decision. Some boxers only get that title shot and are never the same again, but I never thought that America is free of questionable decisions. As a long time fan, I just would like for boxing to be fair instead of money driven.

Comment

Ok, no problem at all from me. I think name recognition has a lot to do with bs decisions. Toney getting a decision over Oquendo is an example, De La Hoya over Sturm is another. Both fights were in America. On the other hand, I have disagreed strongly with fights like Ruiz-Valuev 1 and Valued-Donald, both in Germany. I think it's totally unfair for a boxer to spend months training, win a fight, only to get a bad decision. Some boxers only get that title shot and are never the same again, but I never thought that America is free of questionable decisions. As a long time fan, I just would like for boxing to be fair instead of money driven.
              Couldn't agree enough there. I'm often surprised at the lack of avenues a Boxer has at contesting a decision. Most sports are going that route now with camera re plays, off site referee's, sometimes modifications of results, or being reimbursed somehow in the sport or financially. With boxing of course it's not always so easy but 3 judges sat their for one hour with little to really aid them bar opinion leaves the sport very open to bad decisions. And yes, that completely changes careers and the sport. If Toney would have lost, Johnson won, Andrade won and a few others, think how different things would be. I feel bad that guys careers can be so negatively impacted long term on such a spontaneous judgement, with little they can do about it. It's the world wide sanctioning bodies I blame most and it ain't easy to tackle.

Comment

Working...
              X