Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wmute View Post
    Kostya Tszyu

that what you were thinking?

when you get a thinking head behind that big punch (or any other physical talent) you got a champ
    Kostya was good, but I always looked down at him because, the first time i saw him was the Vince Phillips fight. He could never erase that from my mind.

Yea, he is a good example of someone who actually set up his money punch. It is the difference between some guy with power and a future world beater.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Kostya was good, but I always looked down at him because, the first time i saw him was the Vince Phillips fight. He could never erase that from my mind.

Yea, he is a good example of someone who actually set up his money punch. It is the difference between some guy with power and a future world beater.
      Yeah I definitely think he has a few weaknesses in his game and in-ring attitude, but his ability to set up one of those big rights was very special, especially in modern boxing.

Comment

Yeah I definitely think he has a few weaknesses in his game and in-ring attitude, but his ability to set up one of those big rights was very special, especially in modern boxing.
        He had great set ups. That and his obvious power was his best attribute. But I always hated his lack of footwork. I never liked it.

Comment

Helluva thread btw

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
            He had great set ups. That and his obvious power was his best attribute. But I always hated his lack of footwork. I never liked it.
            I think earlier in his career he did show some nice footwork, (not talking about Ray Leonard type of footwork of course, just very good for the kind of fighter Zoo was). Not so surprising with that amateur background. Someone on this boards was saying it was a really a waste for him to be trained in Austrailia, I dont know much at all about aussie trainers to agree or disagree with the statement.

Comment

Yea, I agree it seems to be a very rare skill in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
                this makes sense. tarver does this a lot. im gonna try this in sparring...
                Only do it if you're a pressure fighter.

It's kinda not as useful for outside counter fighting. LOL.

Comment

Helluva thread btw
                  Thanks, once in a while I try.

If you want more threads like it I'll try to start writing them. It could be a fun changeup from all the trolling and racism around here.

Comment

intresting

good read

I'm gonna attempt this in sparring next time

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
                      Thanks, once in a while I try.

If you want more threads like it I'll try to start writing them. It could be a fun changeup from all the trolling and racism around here.

Indeed this was a good thread, much different from the normal stuff that gets discussed here. It is entertaining to talk **** to people, but it is nice to have a change of pace.

Comment

Working...
                      X