No announcement yet.

Margarito Vs. Calzaghe Vs. Tarver: the science of Beat Punching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F•R•K•O View Post
    Briz, how long have you been boxing, and how much experience do you have?
    I'll PM you.

Comment

To me this is of more importance to big punchers. Throwing the same bull**** punches over and over rarely works at the top level, against elite fighters. Against weak opposition you do not really need to change it up, but against a fighter who thinks ahead you really need to give them food for thought and keep them from being able to set up on your rythm

Then again this is what always bothers me about big punchers in boxing, they never seem to have that dedication to learn how to really set up the knockout, instead just letting their heavy hands do the trick.

When I see a big puncher who really knows how to set up a knock out, that impresses me though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        To me this is of more importance to big punchers. Throwing the same bull**** punches over and over rarely works at the top level, against elite fighters. Against weak opposition you do not really need to change it up, but against a fighter who thinks ahead you really need to give them food for thought and keep them from being able to set up on your rythm

Then again this is what always bothers me about big punchers in boxing, they never seem to have that dedication to learn how to really set up the knockout, instead just letting their heavy hands do the trick.

When I see a big puncher who really knows how to set up a knock out, that impresses me though.
        I disagree to an extent.

I think this concept is one that works most for pressure fighters. Calling them big punchers over simplifies it. A lot of big punchers don't have stamina. But this is a tactic that pressure fighters should use and a lot of them do.

It's not just boxing look at every sport.

The NFL and NBA are littered with guys who had potential but relied on their athletic talent then pissed it away.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
          I disagree to an extent.

I think this concept is one that works most for pressure fighters. Calling them big punchers over simplifies it. A lot of big punchers don't have stamina. But this is a tactic that pressure fighters should use and a lot of them do.

It's not just boxing look at every sport.

The NFL and NBA are littered with guys who had potential but relied on their athletic talent then pissed it away.
          True, pressure fighters are different from big punchers. This is a concept that can really help out a big puncher (if they have stamina). I would go as far to calling this a key to being a good pressure fighter.

For a pressure fighter this is like the main course, while for a big puncher this should be a spice.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
            I'll PM you.
            Thanks. Got it, and replied.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

True, pressure fighters are different from big punchers. This is a concept that can really help out a big puncher (if they have stamina). I would go as far to calling this a key to being a good pressure fighter.

For a pressure fighter this is like the main course, while for a big puncher this should be a spice.
              I agree. I also think big punchers tend to ignore footwork a lot.

Thats what made prime Mike Tyson so much fun to watch. he did all of what you were /are talking about.

Comment

bsrizpac.....Calzaghe.......Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  bsrizpac.....Calzaghe.......Margarito

lol@your gay ass following me around like a hurt *****.

Is your ***** bleeding? Is it that time of the month?

Loser.

So much for your lie that you "talk boxing" and don't follow me around like a wounded dog.

Comment

Originally posted by x-PeROxiDE-x View Post
                    I didn't mean "idea" as such, I know it's a technique used by a few top fighters, I just couldn't think of a better word to use at the time, and still can't.
                    I guess concept works. I think that more aptly shows that it is an active idea.

Comment

Kostya Tszyu

that what you were thinking?

when you get a thinking head behind that big punch (or any other physical talent) you got a champ

Comment

Working...
                      X