Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYweather vs PACquaio: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
    Well, we don't even know if Floyd is really coming back.

And the other; just make the fight at WW and we won't have much problem. Both fighters have already fought at WW and Floyd doesn't balloon up by fight-time like many others.

No need to make him diet down and worry about making weight during training camp.

Freddie's strategy is always to take away something from a fighter even before he steps into the ring. I understand it, but in a way, it is like stealing the greater victory.

Freddie already has his advantage for Pac: Floyd is 32 years old and would be closing in on 33 near the fight. He hasn't looked good in some time and has been more inactive than Manny (who has looked great).

This is Freddie Roach: Commodus
    Time: 3: 25
    LOL..... Is that the "yes i dont have any virtue" speech?

Common now Freddies a good guy battling parkinsons hes been outspoken lately but i dont think he even compares with how evil Ellerbe really is.

Pacs worrying you too much hes just a southpaw slugger with immense speed,and respectable power, with suspect stamina. hes gonna be 31 when the fight happens i think stop the sameday come as you are bull**** and lets do it the conventional way in a reasonable catchweight.
    Last edited by strugler; 03-27-2009, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by strugler View Post
      LOL..... Is that the "yes i dont have any virtue" speech?

Common now Freddies a good guy battling parkinson hes been outspoken lately but i dont think he even compares with how evil Ellerbe really is.

Pacs worrying too much hes just a southpaw slugger with immense speed,and respectable power, with suspect stamina. hes gonna be 31 when the fight happens i think stop the sameday come as you are bull**** and lets do it the conventional way in a reasonable catchweight.
      The stabbing in Maximus's back was key in that video. He, like Freddie, wants to take something away from the opponent before they step into the ring...that was the point

= Fight at 147. Divisions: 130, 135, 140, 147, etc. Those are the divisions.
      Not 143, not 144, not 144.5, not 144.45645....

When Floyd fought Oscar he had to move up to 154. Not 149, not 150, not 152....it was at 154. A weight where Oscar was healthy at and could put weight back on for fight-time as well. He also picked the gloves and Freddie mentioned how he wouldn't accept a certain wrapping of Floyd's hands (which tend to help Floyd's brittle hands which goes along with the gloves he used to use as well, "Winning"). "Reyes" gloves were used in that fight.

For Floyd at WW: I tend to hear he comes in at 149 tops. Pac came in at 147 by fight time for Diaz.

Since Floyd hasn't fought at 140 for quite some time, and since both fighters have fought at 147, just make the fight at 147.

I don't see what the big deal is?
      If Pac could fight Oscar at 147, why not Floyd?

Oh, wait, I know why: Go back to the Freddie Roach interview.

Floyd was also lineal Champion at 147 and it can even be promoted as a World Championship fight (since few would pay attention to the retirment).
      Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-27-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

= Fight at 147. Divisions: 130, 135, 140, 147, etc. That's the divisions.

Since Floyd hasn't fought at 140 for quite some time, and since both fighters have fought at 147, just make the fight at 147.

I don't see what the big deal is?
        If Pac could fight Oscar at 147, why not Floyd?

Oh, wait, I know why: Go back to the Freddie Roach interview.

Floyd was also lineal Champion at 147 and it can even be promoted as a World Championship fight (since few would pay attention to the retirment).
        It would ba a disgraceful promotion if they claimed its for a lineal welterweight championship. Thats Cotto and Mosley country lets not steal the spotlight in their own division.
        Pac and Floyd arent really welterweights(even if floyd claims to be the best from that division) let them fight at 140 for pacs lineal junior welterweight if he beats hatton. That would be more truthful to the boxing public compared with a disguised welterweight championship match.

Comment

• Originally posted by strugler View Post
          It would ba a disgraceful promotion if they claimed its for a lineal welterweight championship. Thats Cotto and Mosley country lets not steal the spotlight in their own division.
          Pac and Floyd arent really welterweights(even if floyd claims to be the best from that division) let them fight at 140 for pacs lineal junior welterweight if he beats hatton. That would be more truthful to the boxing public compared with a disguised welterweight championship match.
          First, Floyd never lost his title in the ring and he could pull an Ali with the promotion. It's not like he has been out 3 years. Hell, Dempsey went something like 3 years without defending his title. What's worse?

Floyd hasn't fought at JrWW since Gatti in '05. And, I thought Roger once said that Floyd at this point couldn't go back down to 140 which is why they made Hatton come to them at 147. Floyd doesn't like to drain weight for fights. At 147, all he has to do is take a piss and he will make weight.

So why make a fighter diet down and drain himself for a weight he hasn't made since '05, especially an inactive fighter in his 30's?
          People will be calling it the same strategy as the Oscar fight.

If Pac really wants this fight, weight shouldn't be an issue. He knows where Floyd fights and that is at 147. Fight at 147. Not hard. Don't STEAL a victory.

In the end, you really don't need titles because the names are bigger than the titles at this point. But, the weight issue still stands: Both fought at 147, let them fight there. This way, you have TWO HEALTHY FIGHTERS.

Comment

First, Floyd never lost his title in the ring and he could pull an Ali with the promotion. It's not like he has been out 3 years. Hell, Dempsey went something like 3 years without defending his title. What's worse?

Floyd hasn't fought at JrWW since Gatti in '05. And, I thought Roger once said that Floyd at this point couldn't go back down to 140 which is why they made Hatton come to them at 147. Floyd doesn't like to drain weight for fights. At 147, all he has to do is take a piss and he will make weight.

So why make a fighter diet down and drain himself for a weight he hasn't made since '05, especially an inactive fighter in his 30's?
            People will be calling it the same strategy as the Oscar fight.

If Pac really wants this fight, weight shouldn't be an issue. He knows where Floyd fights and that is at 147. Fight at 147. Not hard. Don't STEAL a victory.

In the end, you really don't need titles because the names are bigger than the titles at this point. But, the weight issue still stands: Both fought at 147, let them fight there. This way, you have TWO HEALTHY FIGHTERS.

I see your point. I think i agree with what your trying to say.

147 makes more sense, but for the sake of potential conflict about weight if Floyd wins, 147 may have to be sacraficed for 140.

If Pac beats Hatton at 140, Floyd-Pac fight could be for the lineal light welter championship. They'd rather have a championship bout than not.

But then again i still see your point.
            Good post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
              I see your point. I think i agree with what your trying to say.

147 makes more sense, but for the sake of potential conflict about weight if Floyd wins, 147 may have to be sacraficed for 140.

If Pac beats Hatton at 140, Floyd-Pac fight could be for the lineal light welter championship. They'd rather have a championship bout than not.

But then again i still see your point.
              Good post.
              Making weight would be more of the issue. If Floyd has to struggle even the slightest to make weight, it will be used as an excuse and deemed unfair.

People that pay good money for the fight want to see two healthy fighters in the ring and not one dead and one alive; at least I do.

There shouldn't be any conflict in weight since Pac already fought and won at 147. He wouldn't have to put on weight either since he already showed up at 147 (by fight-time) for his lightweight fight against Diaz...and showed up above 147 for his WW fight with Oscar. Weight won't be an issue.

When Pac fights Hatton at JrWW, by fight-time, he will weigh 147+

The only reason Roach wants it at a "catch-weight" is to take something away from Floyd before the fight even happens. I don't agree with that.

Like I said, 147 is the easiest weight to make for both fighters and both should come in "healthy" as far as trying to make the weight on the scales and by fight-time. At 140, a weight Floyd hasn't fought at since '05, and adding on his age and inactivity, it wouldn’t' be wise to take a fight there.

For the Title, the more I thought about it, you really don't need one. Too many titles anyway and the Names sell fights in today's world of boxing.

I think there is enough advantages in Pac's favor to not have to go further in trying to make Floyd think about the weight all through training camp and diet down which could result in him showing up "flat" for the fight.

That's why I say have the fight at 147. It's very simple to make the fight there because both have fought there and won there.

Floyd still has to take off whatever weight he gained to make 147.

And let's not forget: Pac still has to get by Ricky Hatton.
              Last edited by Benny Leonard; 03-27-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• I just want vegas to make the odds reasonable so we can make some money..
                I dont expect them to make mayeather the under dog....
                but at least make the odds 2 to 1 and maybe even the odds even...

I hope they dont do some 5 to 1 in favor of mayweather **** again because that would suck..

IMO i hope They make mayweather a underdog so i can make at least 25 grand off this fight

Comment

• I would go with Mayweather, but you can't discredit Pacquiao. He is a legitimate great fighter. I'd go with Mayweather, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pac won either. We have to see this fight.

Comment

• arum's not gonna make pac/pbf

Comment

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                      arum's not gonna make pac/pbf

Arum works for Pacquaio... and plus Pacquaio team and lawyer already played thier hand and express that they want mayweather... remember it was pacquaio manager and team who did the Negotiations for the hatton fight and arum was just the middle man. Because if you remember ARUM was trying to get pacquaio to sign a 50/50 split from day 1 but Pacquaio team wasnt going for none of that...
                      You have to remember all the begging arum was doing to pacquaio to sign the contract before he loses the fight...

so lets all pray once pacquaio beats hatton that once again pacquaio manager and team reaches out to mayweather team and Negotiations can begin.

because believe me I dont think Pacquaio would take a high risk medium reward fight in mosley or cotto..

when he can get a High risk and Higher reward in a fight with Mayweather...

Common sense will they you that.
                      Last edited by Horus; 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X