Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAYweather vs PACquaio: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY !!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by strugler View Post
    I thought pbf fanboys are saying hes really too small for welterweights anyway?seriously.
    He is a small WW, but interesting how Pac willingly to fight Oscar at 147 but not PBF when PBF is smaller and they would weigh the same at WW

Comment

• Originally posted by Malcolm. View Post
      He is a small WW, but interesting how Pac willingly to fight Oscar at 147 but not PBF when PBF is smaller and they would weigh the same at WW
      Obviously PBF is a much superior fighter compared with Oscar.
      Really think PBF going down to 140 would be a problem though? even after a tune-up fight?

Comment

Obviously PBF is a much superior fighter compared with Oscar.
        Really think PBF going down to 140 would be a problem though? even after a tune-up fight?
        I don’t think it would be a problem. What is the point fighting at 140 then both rehydrating back to WW?

Comment

• been reading some of the posts here.. floyd nuts are already making excuses if he loses...

someone will still find a way to discredit pac's win. have anyone seen the threads here? pac's win over DLH has been questioned, where prior to this fight, nobody gave him a chance...

what more if he beat floyd? floyd fans will say something like "floyd was inactive/weight-drained/past prime....." prime floyd would have never lost to pac!"-- or some **** like that

i for one will give full credit to floyd if he comes out of retirement and beats pac. heck, i'd say he's the best boxer of the decade. i wish some of you guys give credit to pac if he wins as well....

Comment

• Originally posted by Malcolm. View Post
            I don’t think it would be a problem. What is the point fighting at 140 then both rehydrating back to WW?
            Maybe a psychological or an ego thing.who knows? If theyre gonna way the same weight at fight night i dont see any problem, If PBF can make it at 140 and has no problem with it, no problem too.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
              100% truth

this fight shouldnt happen, unless it's at 140.

Yep i agree. Pac's best chances are at 140. I really hope Pac beats Hatton at 140 because this fight will get extremelly big at 140.

If this fight happens, i want it at 140.

Comment

• Originally posted by aether View Post
                been reading some of the posts here.. floyd nuts are already making excuses if he loses...

someone will still find a way to discredit pac's win. have anyone seen the threads here? pac's win over DLH has been questioned, where prior to this fight, nobody gave him a chance...

what more if he beat floyd? floyd fans will say something like "floyd was inactive/weight-drained/past prime....." prime floyd would have never lost to pac!"-- or some **** like that

i for one will give full credit to floyd if he comes out of retirement and beats pac. heck, i'd say he's the best boxer of the decade. i wish some of you guys give credit to pac if he wins as well....

Coming from a Floyd fan, if Pac beats Floyd he is the greatest fighter of his era.

No excuses.

Comment

Maybe a psychological or an ego thing.who knows? If theyre gonna way the same weight at fight night i dont see any problem, If PBF can make it at 140 and has no problem with it, no problem too.
                  It does seem absurd to make the fight at 140 when both aren't going to weigh 140 by fight time and both have fought at 147 already.

If anybody watched the Freddy Roach interview, you know why he wants the fight at the lower weight: He wants to win it on the scales, again.

There would be less excuses for Floyd to have if it were just made at 147.

Comment

• Originally posted by aether View Post
                    been reading some of the posts here.. floyd nuts are already making excuses if he loses...

I gave him a chance. Teddy Atlas gave him a chance. Freddy Roach gave him a chance. Mostly for the same reasons: Age, inactivity, and weight for the scales.

You don't even have to pay attention to what I said before the fight...just pay attention to what Freddy said before and then after.

I think the problem with the Floyd situation now is that he hasn't fought at his best for at least a few years now and by the time this fight will happen, if it happens, he will be out of the ring for close to two years, if not two full years at the age of 32 (going on 33 early next year)....while Pac is fighting at his best and staying active.

That's why I continue to say: If he cannot fight like he used to fight, stay retired. His fights are boring now and he just does enough to win. Not the same fighter.

If Floyd is to fight someone deserving, it should be COTTO.

I will say this: Pac has a better chance to beating this version of Floyd than the Floyd Mayweather Jr. that fought at 140. Better fighter back then. Cotto as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                      It does seem absurd to make the fight at 140 when both aren't going to weigh 140 by fight time and both have fought at 147 already.

If anybody watched the Freddy Roach interview, you know why he wants the fight at the lower weight: He wants to win it on the scales, again.

There would be less excuses for Floyd to have if it were just made at 147.

You cant cherry pick. If floyds too small for the welterweights why not 140?Pac was 143 i think during the Oscar weigh in, pac isnt a full pledge welterweight imo, why make the fight at 147 then? A catchweight is acceptable though imo 143-144 for pbf.

Comment

Working...
                      X