No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Punishes, Knocks Oscar De La Hoya Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    As I said in the other thread, DLH relied on legs to generate his power which means if his legs go, his power goes as well, he was always a guy who used leverage to generate power, Ali's punches against Holmes didn't look powerful, Leonard's maybe did for 3 rounds, but that was it.

Pacquiao not sticking to the script? Way too many conspiracy theories are being blown around nowadays in boxing, I honestly find it disrespectful to a fighter to say the he threw a fight, unless the fighter is Jake LaMotta or someone like that who admitted they threw a fight. It also brings down boxing IMO.
    Ali's punches looked week, but he was throwing them with effort. You could tell Ali was giving it everything he had left. You could tell Leonard was giving it everything he had left.

You could tell Oscar had something else in mind.

I think it is disrespectful to Pacman for Oscar to put an * next to a win that he could have arguably gotten legitimately.

I appreciate your reasoning behind the legs, but it is misplaced. A fighter losing their "legs" has less to do with a fighters legs getting physically weak than it has to do with a fighter losing the "bounce" in their step due to general decrease in stamina, aka, they don't have the energy to dance around, and decreased coordination, resulting in more simplistic footwork patterns.

It can be argued that that is we saw that from Oscar, but his legs being "weak" is not a reason for his soft punching tonight, although in the later rounds I do think his legs were very tired.

I have said from day one that there are two possible outcome for this fight. Oscar wins by KO, or Oscar throws the fight.

I think Oscar threw the fight.

Comment

• you could see it coming in, he was pale, not confident, looking dehydrated and flat still, even so what the **** was he thinking, walking forward not throwing any punches, how the hell was he supposed to win, dumbass, valero was probably right, maybe he did slap him around during sparring. I believe he lost the fight trying to make weight to hard, he would have done better at light middle against another opponent, but still he should retire

Comment

• its too bad for oscar for leaving the sport losing to a smaller man.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Ali's punches looked week, but he was throwing them with effort. You could tell Ali was giving it everything he had left. You could tell Leonard was giving it everything he had left.

I think it is disrespectful to Pacman for Oscar to put an * next to a win that he could have arguably gotten legitimately.

I appreciate your reasoning behind the legs, but it is misplaced. A fighter losing their "legs" has less to do with a fighters legs getting physically weak than it has to do with a fighter losing the "bounce" in their step due to general decrease in stamina, aka, they don't have the energy to dance around, and decreased coordination, resulting in more simplistic footwork patterns.

It can be argued that that is we saw that from Oscar, but his legs being "weak" is not a reason for his soft punching tonight, although in the later rounds I do think his legs were very tired.

I have said from day one that there are two possible outcome for this fight. Oscar wins by KO, or Oscar throws the fight.

Dude Pacquiao took Oscars jab away by controlling the distance and making Oscar pay for throwing the jab with superior speed. Its not that Oscar tried to make his jab work in the first round but got counterned in a vicious manner... Oscar when for broke a couple of times throwing wild shots that almost connected... If it would have it woulda been lights out...Pacquiao took Oscars jab away... Watch it again experts.

Comment

• people saying DLH threw this fight need to be banned...

Comment

• Originally posted by Zhaakal View Post
              Yea man that's what i also thought.. Oscar just didn't seem right. In the 6 round he could have moved away from the corner where he ws geting it but he didn't, he actually moved more into the corner so that Manny could batter him.
              WTF, you mean "Oscar just didnt seem right?"
              Here's the answer...
              After the fight, the trainer and his former pupil shared a moment in the ring. They embraced and De La Hoya said, "Freddie, you are right. I don't have it anymore."

Didnt you see??? DLH doesnt have anything left right after the 3rd round...
              Dang! Are you really watching the fight or you just want to share your idiotic observation, just like all the Pacman-haters here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
                people saying DLH threw this fight need to be banned...
                Yall got to watch it again.. Appreciate Manny's movement it was awesome.

Comment

• Pacman the new Roberto Duran, he should stay at Welterweight, and get Mayweather outta retirement and fight winner of Cotto-Margarito

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

DLH tried, you could see it in his face, he looked confused and even Freddie Roach said DLH's shot after the fight, why would he say that? To bring down Pacquiao's victory?

And when a fighters' legs go, it doesn't mean he just loses bounce, it means he loses balance, he loses stability and that is a big factor with DLH's power.

It's your opinion, I can't change your mind on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by xcaret View Post
                      how long ago was oscar at 147 again?... hes 35 now........ thank you.
                      excuses, excuses I would not be surprise if you often make excuses why your life is not going anywhere. be a man for once, it will help you grow in life. Maybe ask your parents for some advice and listen this time. And No excuses, it will do you good. I will ease your pain and one day you will become useful for once.

Comment

Working...
                      X