Manny Pacquiao Punishes, Knocks Oscar De La Hoya Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
    he told me..........
    Like I said before, " I hope you won't commit suicie".
    I'm still hoping......for reals....

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
      he told me..........
      that you are a ****** and gay. We already knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
        And why was Pac boxing for 4 rounds? Isn't he supposed to be a warrior? What a let down. Delaoldya was basicly letting him hit him and pac keep boxing till he finally was able to tell that Delahoya wasn't throwing punchs.

Comment

Where's the clown.. He's licking Manny's balls again.. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Espada View Post
            Where's the clown.. He's licking Manny's balls again.. HAHAHAHAHAHA
            What happened to Pacquiao clapping his gloves, did he think he might get Delaoldya mad? lol, on tv some flip-am just called pac a welterweight champion, lmao, yeah they know what there talking about, what a pitty. And some flip-am held a poster with the picture of you avatar must have been you.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
              Ask yourself, "were there opponets coming up in weight?"

Delahoya couldn't land one meaningfull punch but Marquez had Pac all over the ring.

It is what it is. Because of this fight i hope PPV dies. I know people who ordered ppv are pissed.
              If a fighter is old or shot it really doesn't matter if an opponent was coming up in weight and DLH was moving down in weight which could have also played a factor, similar to Jones where losing the weight accelerated his downfall, it could have been the same for DLH.

Marquez isn't shot is he? He's still at or close to his prime as evidenced by his fight with Casamayor.

I agree though, as a PPV, this was horrible.

Comment

Xcaret and ferocity just got owned!
                Last edited by Heylerds; 12-07-2008, 01:43 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                  That doesn't mean he was throwing the fight, he got old or he's shot, take your pick, was Ali throwing his fight against Holmes? Leonard against Norris? Jones against Calzaghe? There are many more instances of a fighter not fighting back when he has gotten old.
                  While I appreciate your logic, in those instances (Jones doesn't belong in there) The fighters did not appear as if they could throw back. When they did punch, it was with effort.

Oscar did neither. He neither punched back, nor threw with effort. All of his punches were soft taps while he was leading.

I also appreciate your point about letting Manny hit him with flush shots. I do not think that was the intent. I believe perhaps Manny didn't stick to the script as well as he should have.

I take the lack of Bernard Hopkins trying to scream instructions as an indicator that he already knew what was suppose to happen.

Honestly, when is the last time you have not seen Hopkins trying to shout instructions from ringside? That struck me as odd during the fight.

Add in the fact that Oscar has never been one to turtle up, he has always been the fighter to grit his teeth and windmill if he needs to. That sort of instinct doesn't go away. Take MAB in his last fight with Pacman for example.

There are a few types of shot fighter you see. The shot counter punchers that turtle up and wait infinitely. The shot punchers that lose their chin. The shot pressure fighters that lose their stamina.

They all get hit more, which was a given with this fight. Oscar is no defensive genius, and a southpaw was bound to slip shots in through his guard. No surprise there.

What really gets me about this fight is that there were a few spots were Oscar got a little over zealous and threw punches back. There was even one spot where he threw a brilliantly timed counter right hand. After he did anything meaningful he stopped.

There are only two explanations for what happened tonight. Oscars left shoulder was indeed not well, and was infact much worse than the reports indicated, or Oscar threw the fight.

In the case that he was injured, I can understand why his jabs and hooks were not there and why he turtled up with his most valuable weapon not functional, but what we saw doesn't lend credibility to that.

I think the fight was a fix, Manny was more aggressive than he was suppose to be, and Oscar was not willing to jeopardize his investment by fighting back.

Comment

Good riddance ODLH. Now he can retire in shame. All those millions, but he can't buy back his dignity. Not after this.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      While I appreciate your logic, in those instances (Jones doesn't belong in there) The fighters did not appear as if they could throw back. When they did punch, it was with effort.

Oscar did neither. He neither punched back, nor threw with effort. All of his punches were soft taps while he was leading.

I also appreciate your point about letting Manny hit him with flush shots. I do not think that was the intent. I believe perhaps Manny didn't stick to the script as well as he should have.

I take the lack of Bernard Hopkins trying to scream instructions as an indicator that he already knew what was suppose to happen.

Honestly, when is the last time you have not seen Hopkins trying to shout instructions from ringside? That struck me as odd during the fight.

Add in the fact that Oscar has never been one to turtle up, he has always been the fighter to grit his teeth and windmill if he needs to. That sort of instinct doesn't go away. Take MAB in his last fight with Pacman for example.

There are a few types of shot fighter you see. The shot counter punchers that turtle up and wait infinitely. The shot punchers that lose their chin. The shot pressure fighters that lose their stamina.

They all get hit more, which was a given with this fight. Oscar is no defensive genius, and a southpaw was bound to slip shots in through his guard. No surprise there.

What really gets me about this fight is that there were a few spots were Oscar got a little over zealous and threw punches back. There was even one spot where he threw a brilliantly timed counter right hand. After he did anything meaningful he stopped.

There are only two explanations for what happened tonight. Oscars left shoulder was indeed not well, and was infact much worse than the reports indicated, or Oscar threw the fight.

In the case that he was injured, I can understand why his jabs and hooks were not there and why he turtled up with his most valuable weapon not functional, but what we saw doesn't lend credibility to that.

I think the fight was a fix, Manny was more aggressive than he was suppose to be, and Oscar was not willing to jeopardize his investment by fighting back.
                      As I said in the other thread, DLH relied on legs to generate his power which means if his legs go, his power goes as well, he was always a guy who used leverage to generate power, Ali's punches against Holmes didn't look powerful, Leonard's maybe did for 3 rounds, but that was it.

Pacquiao not sticking to the script? Way too many conspiracy theories are being blown around nowadays in boxing, I honestly find it disrespectful to a fighter to say the he threw a fight, unless the fighter is Jake LaMotta or someone like that who admitted they threw a fight. It also brings down boxing IMO.
                      Last edited by Silencers; 12-07-2008, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X