No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Punishes, Knocks Oscar De La Hoya Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
    Pacman the new Roberto Duran, he should stay at Welterweight, and get Mayweather outta retirement and fight winner of Cotto-Margarito
    Margarito would destroy Pacquiao. Now Cotto/Pacquiao sounds interesting... hmm...

Comment

• BS!!!!
      I'm getting ****ing pissed from all IDIOT,USELESS posters here that thinks DLH threw this ****ing fight!!! SCREW YOU ALL!!!
      I see this coming before the fight,If Manny loses,You haters gonna laugh till your **** comes off your pants.If Manny wins.You haters will say DLH threw this fight!! So whatever Pacquiao does he will NEVER get the credit he DESERVES.As silencer said,that's your opinion,WE CAN'T CHANGE THAT!
      MOVE ON!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
        people saying DLH threw this fight need to be banned...
        seriously... it's getting ******ed in here

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
          Ali's punches looked week, but he was throwing them with effort. You could tell Ali was giving it everything he had left. You could tell Leonard was giving it everything he had left.

You could tell Oscar had something else in mind.

I think it is disrespectful to Pacman for Oscar to put an * next to a win that he could have arguably gotten legitimately.

I appreciate your reasoning behind the legs, but it is misplaced. A fighter losing their "legs" has less to do with a fighters legs getting physically weak than it has to do with a fighter losing the "bounce" in their step due to general decrease in stamina, aka, they don't have the energy to dance around, and decreased coordination, resulting in more simplistic footwork patterns.

It can be argued that that is we saw that from Oscar, but his legs being "weak" is not a reason for his soft punching tonight, although in the later rounds I do think his legs were very tired.

I have said from day one that there are two possible outcome for this fight. Oscar wins by KO, or Oscar throws the fight.

I think Oscar threw the fight.
          I respect your argument, but what would be the benfit for Oscar for throwing a fight, Let''s think about that. Legacy? Respect? Money? Nope, Nope, Nope. I just don't get it. I don't see the logic for throwing a fight for nothing. Stupidity maybe? I think Oscar is far from being stupid. If what you think is true then it just don't make 'cents' and we know Oscar makes dollars (millions)

Comment

• Oscar is a piece of S@*T. Even though I tought he would win. Im glad he got his ass schooled. He lost all credibility and I will never see him fight again. I hope he's happy with his millions. The greatest thing about this is that DLH got his ass beat like when Oscar beat Julio Cesar Chavez. The only difference is that it was by a smaller guy LOL!!!!!!!!

Comment

• now everybody that said manny was gonna lose is going to change it up and say they knew this was gonna happen.look at all the articles that came out,talking about manny as if they picked him to win this fight.

but thats the way it is, everybody wants to be right.i thought manny would get his head knocked off his shoulders by a left hook and im just stunned at how well he manouvered around oscar's power left during the whole 8 rounds.he definetly proved me wrong in more ways than one,his footowork is better than i thought,i used to think he was jus jumpin up and down cuz he wanted to but i see now that he controls that agression.

i doubt oscar threw this fight,jus because of the way he trained,look at his body,he actually looked like a small fighter.and also because of the embarrasment he has now to live with,i know hes getting paid endless amount of cash,but still,money cant buy you respect.

did anyone see that video from manila, it was like a soccer crowd on hand to witnnes their hero pull off the major upset

http://www.gmanews.tv/pacquiao-delahoya/video/32846/0

damn pacman is the mexicutioner,what other mexican is left,margarito??

Comment

• Gooood!

This is exactly what the sport needs.

For De La Hoya to take his sweet ass back to the business side of things.

Damn shame what he has done to his whole legacy.....and for what?

His honors will be overshadowed by this unprecedented ass beating.

Comment

• Any real boxing fan could see that Oscar through that fight! I was going for Pacquiao and thought he fought great but Oscar hardly threw a punch. Very un De La Hoya like. He looked like a guy who already made 20 million and bet on Manny and probably made another 20 million+. If anyone saw that fight and thought Oscar actually tried then they dont know boxing let alone Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar is the best thing and worst thing to happen to boxing in a long time. Mark my words...dont be surprised if you see Pacquiao working for Oscar in the near future. Hopkins/De La Hoya ring a bell? Sad day in boxing but great day for Manny.

Comment

• Originally posted by sananman50 View Post
                    Any real boxing fan could see that Oscar through that fight! I was going for Pacquiao and thought he fought great but Oscar hardly threw a punch. Very un De La Hoya like. He looked like a guy who already made 20 million and bet on Manny and probably made another 20 million+. If anyone saw that fight and thought Oscar actually tried then they dont know boxing let alone Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar is the best thing and worst thing to happen to boxing in a long time. Mark my words...dont be surprised if you see Pacquiao working for Oscar in the near future. Hopkins/De La Hoya ring a bell? Sad day in boxing but great day for Manny.
                    Yeah he threw the fight now he will sign to fight Margarito and be a Huge underdog and bet on AM.

He sacrifices his face for boxing.

LOL

I could say I almost bet on the Manny win KO but wtf good is that?
                    Last edited by DoomCity202; 12-07-2008, 05:33 AM.

Comment

• Proud to be wrong as ****. I thought DLH was playin and lettin Pac get some heat on him in the 1st 3 rds, but after that I realized that **** wasn't fake. DLH wasn't lettin Pac do that ****, Pac was rapin him wit a fury. I kept waitin for the hook to come that would take Pac out, but he didn't even give DLH a chance to throw it. That was an ill ass beatdown and everybody over here had to toast Pac after that ****. Retire DLH, retire now mofo.

Comment

Working...
                      X