Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P: The best boxing country

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one has mentioned Wales, we only have a population of 2.9 million yet we've produced some very good domestic and world boxers.

Welsh World Champions
    Joe Calzaghe
    Enzo Maccarinelli
    Gavin Rees
    Robbie Regan
    Barry Jones
    Steve Robinson
    Howard Winstone

Welsh European Champions
    Colin Jones
    Jason Cook
    Johnny Owen

Potential Future World Champs
    Nathan Cleverely
    Kerry Hope
    Bradley Pryce
    Ricky Owen

Dont forget Gary Lockett either.

Im not saying were p4p the best country but we surely deserve a mention.
    Last edited by freeze_dried; 11-25-2008, 03:32 AM.

Comment

US
      PR
      Panama
      Colombia
      Ukraine
      Argentina
      Japan

Those are my picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slotff View Post
        US
        PR
        Panama
        Colombia
        Ukraine
        Argentina
        Japan

Those are my picks.

South Korea beats out Japan in terms of per capita champions. Not to mention the fact that South Korea was a country for only like 60 years.

Comment

Originally posted by freeze_dried View Post
          No one has mentioned Wales, we only have a population of 2.9 million yet we've produced some very good domestic and world boxers.

Welsh World Champions
          Joe Calzaghe
          Enzo Maccarinelli
          Gavin Rees
          Robbie Regan
          Barry Jones
          Steve Robinson
          Howard Winstone

Welsh European Champions
          Colin Jones
          Jason Cook
          Johnny Owen<<
          Potential Future World Champs
          Nathan Cleverely
          Kerry Hope
          Bradley Pryce
          Ricky Owen

Dont forget Gary Lockett either.

Im not saying were p4p the best country but we surely deserve a mention.
          For that/ you gotta be ****ing kidding me? I guess you've never heard of a paper champ or overprotected bumboy fraud like the ****licker who tops the list. You mentioned a whole bunch of cocksuckers but left out you're only genuine world class fighters in Jimmy Wilde and Tommy Farr. Post war you have only produced clowns.

Cleverly as potential world champ? Only if he wins the ****ty WBO and then avoids every world class opponent until they take out their pensions lol. Not only do you not deserve a mention, you deserve a Let me guess, you actually believed Setanta when they dubbed the RJJ fight as one that will seal his 'legacy'. Too right, his legacy of struggling V bums like Reid was completed with a KD V a severely washed up former great.
          Last edited by JulioCesaChavez; 11-25-2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
            What country, taking size into consideration produces the most good/great fighters?

I say Puerto Rico.
            Ever? if it's ever then the US is the best at producing great fighters. Louis, Ali, Leonard, Robinson, Hopkins, etc. the list goes on. The worlds largest country has produced great amateurs but this country produces the best pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylight View Post
              Commonwealth yes, but we are not a state of the U.S, we're a colony.

And the only reason we are born with american citizenship is because we went to war with americans.
              WRONG!!!

America went to PR fired one bullet and the island surrendered

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                WRONG!!!

America went to PR fired one bullet and the island surrendered
                Aha, you learn something new everyday. So it really is an evil EMPIRE

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
                  For that/ you gotta be ****ing kidding me? I guess you've never heard of a paper champ or overprotected bumboy fraud like the ****licker who tops the list. You mentioned a whole bunch of cocksuckers but left out you're only genuine world class fighters in Jimmy Wilde and Tommy Farr. Post war you have only produced clowns.

Cleverly as potential world champ? Only if he wins the ****ty WBO and then avoids every world class opponent until they take out their pensions lol. Not only do you not deserve a mention, you deserve a Let me guess, you actually believed Setanta when they dubbed the RJJ fight as one that will seal his 'legacy'. Too right, his legacy of struggling V bums like Reid was completed with a KD V a severely washed up former great.
                  I'd largely agree with you if you weren't ignorant of the talents of Calzaghe, Winstone, Colin Jones (one of my all-time favourite fighters) and the tragic Johnny Owen.

Robbie Regan FFS. Who was that drawf he kept on fighting? Ampofo? Good scrapper I concede, but WTF?! And did he really win a world title? WBF or something I would guess. Anyway, world class he weren't and borderline British class. Same goes for Gavin Rees and Steve Robinson for most of his career. Barry Jones didn't win a world title although he did get rather demolished by Freitas when he tried.

Still, in fairness, they've punched above their weight, and in Wilde and Calzaghe have two of the ATG's. Wilde you could easily put in the top 5 P4P of all time.

Comment

Armenia must be there too

Comment

Originally posted by sjomcik View Post
                      Armenia must be there too
                      Right on brotha!

Population: 3 million
                      Champions: 2 (Arthur Abraham and Vic Darchinyan)
                      Total belts: 4 (3 for Vic, 1 for Abraham)
                      Future champ: Vanes Martirosyan

Comment

Working...
                      X