Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT is the Common perception of what BLACKS expect from their fighters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stuntin View Post
    black fighters that do this have a tactical advantage. They're fighting smart. Fighters that go toe to toe and rely only on their chin to win them the fight are like ******s fighting in a schoolyard. I never watched that **** when I went to school and I'm not gonna watch it now on HBO.

If you think fighters like B-Hop, whitaker and Floyd are boring that's your problem. Maybe you have ADD or something and should check out MMA
    So is Andre Berto considered a "******" to you, being that he actually shows up with the intentions of KO'ing and taking his opponents out?

Comment

Originally posted by Dawerlzgreatest View Post
      he should go watch the neanderthals in the lower weights throw 2,000 punches wildly.
      yeah, no kidding. I love watching great dispays of defense and those little midgets hit so soft that defense isn't as important a part of the fight game at the lower weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
        In 2002, Ring Magazine published a list of the 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years in boxing, as voted by the magazine's writers.

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
        2. Henry Armstrong
        3. Muhammad Ali
        4. Joe Louis
        5. Roberto Duran
        6. Willie Pep
        7. Harry Greb
        8. Benny Leonard
        9. Sugar Ray Leonard
        10. Pernell Whitaker
        11. Carlos Monzon
        12. Rocky Marciano
        13. Ezzard Charles
        14. Archie Moore
        15. Sandy Saddler
        16. Jack Dempsey
        17. Marvin Hagler
        18. Julio César Chávez

loooooooooooooool

This guy is too easy
        You must be an idiot if you think thats how all p4p best list are. That same magazine has ranked Chavez higher.

Originally posted by Horus View Post
        Most of them are or were Olympic Fighters for the United States of America.

So if we put the top 5 Mexican Fighters today from all Weight Classes
        and The top 5 black Fighters today from all weight Classes...

What class would you think has more Knock Outs?
        Now, you're talking knock outs, whos talking knock outs but i'd like you to list them!?

Comment

yeah, no kidding. I love watching great dispays of defense and those little midgets hit so soft that defense isn't as important a part of the fight game at the lower weights.
          Warriro mentality doesn't work at HW. One KO and it's lights out. Lewis - Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
            Hopkins
            Pernell
            Winky

Shall i name a few more?
            Deevel Pernell....?

OK lets go into history of Boxing....

Deevel you can name the top mexican 5 OR 10 fighters of all time
            and put them up against the top 6 or 10 black fighters of all time..

Which group has more Knockouts?

Comment

40'S
              SRR
              50's
              SRR/Archie Moore
              60's
              ALI
              70's
              ALI
              80's
              SRL
              90's
              Whitaker
              00's
              Hopkins

Choosing between Holmes/Leonard/Hagler was pretty hard to do. Choosing between Hopkins and Mayweather was hard too, but I'll give it to Hopkins due to terms of opposition.

I put Archie Moore tied in the 50s because Robinson was very hit and miss in the late 50s. Which I guess you could argue with Ali too and the late 70s, but Ali didn't take a year off like Robinson did.

Comment

I have no problem with great displays of defense, AS LONG as they use thier defense to set up an effective offense. Watching a tactical fighter try and jab and potshot his way to a 12 round decision does absolutely nothing for me. I like to watch fights.....not "tag your it!"

Comment

You ever hear of Michael Carbajael or new school Vic Darchinyin? Nonito Doniare? Jorge Arce? Israel Vasquez? I'd laugh at your ass if you ever got in the ring with any of these guys you'd get put on your ass.

Comment

They weigh like 112 and height is 5'3 and call themselves warriors

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
                      Warriro mentality doesn't work at HW. One KO and it's lights out. Lewis - Rahman
                      You're a dumb ass. I guess Tyson never had a warrior mentality. And never did Joe Fraizer, George Foreman, Jack Dempsey.

Comment

Working...
                      X