Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT is the Common perception of what BLACKS expect from their fighters?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
    wtf

guys like Tyson, Holyfield, Frazier, and Qawi were all warriors
    Tyson was actually more of a boxer in his prime, people totally forget that. He used Combos to KO his opponents. Holyfield and Frazier yes but still great boxers

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
      We all know that the Common perception of Mexican Fights Fan is that they want their fighters to be warriors, in the way that they fight.
      I take it as, "Not giving a fu*k" what happens in the ring, as long as you fight.

But that got me thinking, Me being an African American, What do I expect from my own fighters, and what is the Common perception of what African Americans expect from our fighters.....???
      And I came to this list of some characteristics that most African Americans
      usually want from their fighters.

1. Winner
      2. Swagger
      3. Either a Slick fighter or a Knockout Artist.

So my questions is, what is the Common perception of what African Americans expect from their fighters.....???
      Originally posted by Horus View Post
      I think Deeval Thinks That Mostly all Blacks fighters Mostly fight 12 round fights
      in which they pot shot and win everyround

But if we look at Knockouts...
      Today,5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years, 40 years ago, ever.

No race of fighters Has more Knock Outs Among their top 10 fighters
      than Black Fighters...compare to any other race. and i am not including
      the black latin fighters...

So what that tell you about how Blacks fight.?
      "m

Why are u changing the topic of the thread?

You orginal question was ...WHAT is the Common perception of what BLACKS expect from their fighters?

I've answered that, and most of the black posters in this thread have confirmed what my thoughts are.

Comment

• Kirkland 24 fights 21 KO
        Haye 22 fights 21 KO

Don't think there is a Mexican boxer P4P that hit harder tha Shavers Louis Foreman Tyson

Comment

• i dont really like these racially related threads but many black american fighters are slick flashy and great trash talkers, i guess the cocky persona appeals to the american public

not all though, but many are

Comment

• Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
            They weigh like 112 and height is 5'3 and call themselves warriors
            the heart and determination shown in the lower weights currently trumps anything shown in the higher weights

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
              Name one mexican fighter today that got more knockouts than Mosley?

Do you think the top 5 Mexican fighters today

have more knocks out then

the TOP 5 black fighters today?
              (not including the black latins)

if we look at Knockouts...
              Today,5 years ago, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 30 years, 40 years ago, ever.

No race of fighters Has more Knock Outs Among their top 10 fighters
              than Black Fighters...compare to any other race. and i am not including
              the black latin fighters...
              Marco Antonio Barrera.

Many were close but seeing as Mosley is a vet with more fights had to go with another vet that has more ko's then Mosley. Next.

Comment

• Lately unlike the past is running

Comment

• Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
                  "m

Why are u changing the topic of the thread?

You orginal question was ...WHAT is the Common perception of what BLACKS expect from their fighters?

I've answered that, and most of the black posters in this thread have confirmed what my thoughts are.
                  My Point is this:

I think you are implying that Blacks Fighters dont look for Ko's because most of Black Fighters are "Boxers" in the sport of "Boxing"

But my point is, that although Black fighters box INSTEAD of brawl most of the time....

That still doesnt change the fact as a group and race of people, Black fighters still produce the most Knockouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
                    Seems to me as if most blacks expect/prefer thier black fighters to be defensive, elusive, hit and run type of fighters, rather than fighters who step in the ring with the intentions of destroying and taking thier opponents out.

Instead of wanting to see thier fighters inflict damage, they prefer to see thier fighter/s avoid damage, while in return, potshotting and moving to a technical 12round decision victory

Now this does not apply to all black boxing fans, but it does apply to most black fans on this forum.
                    "Tag, your it"

Comment

• If toe to toe fights are made up of unskilled brawlers to would be better suited for ufc/mma (as viewed by many black boxing fans), why is it that, that type of fight is the one that is always considered "Fight Of the Year"?????????????????????

Comment

Working...
                      X