Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins: "No Interest in Jones Rematch, Roy Must Quit"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roy should be taking advice from not just hopkins, but anybody who tells him to retire. that was some sad **** saturday, and i dont even like roy jones....

Comment

• its also funny, how everyone uses the "picking on smaller fighters" theory when they speak of hopkins. but no1 ever mentions that with the exception of DLH, the smaller fighters that moved up to fight hopkins were all considered the odds-on favorites before the fights....

Comment

• Originally posted by roundingace View Post
        I hate seeing Roy talked about like this but Hop has definitely made some valid points. I'd like to see him stop before he gets injured seriously as well. I have too much love for Roy to want to see him continue on knowing we will never see the beast he once was.
        That's what happens when you stick around too long. Most 16 year olds will recall Roy Jones who got whooped by Calzaghe and not the prime one, who was like a superman in comparison. But that fight, if the last one will hurt Calzaghe more than it did Jones. He goes out fighting 2 ancient legends of the sport. A while back Floyd Mayweather Jr. retired fighting his 2 hardest fights vs Ricky Hatton, an undefeated champion and Oscar de la Hoya. The bar was higher and Joe didn't notice. He went running and knocked the bar down, and that was his last go. Not good, just wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allucard View Post
          That's what happens when you stick around too long. Most 16 year olds will recall Roy Jones who got whooped by Calzaghe and not the prime one, who was like a superman in comparison. But that fight, if the last one will hurt Calzaghe more than it did Jones. He goes out fighting 2 ancient legends of the sport. A while back Floyd Mayweather Jr. retired fighting his 2 hardest fights vs Ricky Hatton, an undefeated champion and Oscar de la Hoya. The bar was higher and Joe didn't notice. He went running and knocked the bar down, and that was his last go. Not good, just wait.
          It wont hurt Cal man, you are crazy..

Hops dominated Kel.. beating Hops is a good win

He didnt split D Roy, he DOMINATED HIM.. its a good win...Kessler and Lacy are both prime and undefeated.....stop w/the madness son.

Comment

• if your going to go off on a rant, get your FACTS straight. Roy only beat BHOP once, not twice as you stated. And i agree with him, ROY is washed up and that fight would be an insult to fans at this stage of their careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx View Post
              r u serious hopkins damn near beat joe and was far from punished..if you think this roy can beat hopkins or pavlik then i want some of what you're smoking cause you're outta yo mind...hopkins has been p4p this entire decade while roy hasnt been on the world level since 2003...man you need to come to your senses
              You need to come to your senses that Hopkins would never beat Roy and still can't. Joe clearly beat Hopkins only Joe haters see other wise.

Comment

• Hopkins would beat Jones anytime after their first fight. That is why Roy Jones never fought Hopkins again, because he is afraid of him. He always tries to go tough guy when he talks about Hopkins, but if you look, you can see that he is looking of fear. It is so obvious, and only Jones Nut Huggers can see that.

Comment

• I mean nutt huggers cant see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
                    It wont hurt Cal man, you are crazy..

Hops dominated Kel.. beating Hops is a good win

He didnt split D Roy, he DOMINATED HIM.. its a good win...Kessler and Lacy are both prime and undefeated.....stop w/the madness son.
                    Joe beat a good fighter in Kessler, beat an overrated fighter in Lacy, beat a Hopkins who is out of his prime, but still a smart fighter who poses problems for any fighter...

now on to the Roy win, lets be honest with that... Roy is no where near the same fighter that he was in his prime, or what he was in 04, when he suffered the biggest losses of his career. he was FAR MORE ATHLETIC back then.

Joe never beat the best versions of Roy or B-HOP and when we look back @ Joes career when he's retired, there will be a big ass dark cloud over them 2 wins. and thats the truth..

Comment

Working...
                    X