Calzaghe: "Dawson is the LHW version of Pavlik. He hasn’t proved himself!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    But you forget the judges never and thats all that counts

Beside on what merit should calzaghe give Hopkins a rematch !??
    Is it because when Hopkins fought calzaghe like like Roy Jones did !? like a man ?? or is it because he held,hugged,shamed is way threw their first fight!? like a spoiling ***** ?PMSL
    Those judges scored the Pernell - Whitaker and Lewis Holyfield 1 fights good??

Why should Calzgahe give him a rematch:

A)Hopkins has a case he won the fight
    B) His last performance against a prime Pavlik winning every round
    C) If Calzgahe wins stop all his doubters

Comment

Don't get me wrong i'd like to see Calzaghe fight Dawson cos I think he'd school him but it just annoys me when people say he has earned the fight cos I don't think he has and some people even say Joe is now ducking Dawson.

Right now at this present moment the only person who can stake a claim to a fight against Joe is Hopkins in a rematch and i'm really surprised HBO asked Joe after the fight about Dawson over Hopkins.

Comment

andy****hot, why doesnt dawson have a claim to a fight with joe calzaghe..last i checked, they are both light-heavyweights ajd dawson has won both the ibf and wbc belts and is at least the #2 contender to joes crown.

Comment

Originally posted by X89 View Post
          andy****hot, why doesnt dawson have a claim to a fight with joe calzaghe..last i checked, they are both light-heavyweights ajd dawson has won both the ibf and wbc belts and is at least the #2 contender to joes crown.
          Because he only has 3 noteworthy fights, struggled against Glen Johnson, never even fought on HBO and brings no money to the table. He's just trying to build his name off Joe's and he wouldn't even be being mentioned if Pavlik hadn't been exposed.

Comment

so what if he struggled with glen johnson? no one has ever had an easy time with glen johnson since hopkins. the fact is, he is one of the top 3 fighters in joe's weight class and that should be enough to claim a fight with joe. i dont think joe needs to fight dawson but if he does plan to stick around, tell me, wouldn't that be the fight you'd wanna see as a fan? and not to mention, dawson just beat 2 guys who knocked out joes last opponent. dawson is a young talented lion.
            Last edited by CaRnAgEViOLaToR; 11-11-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
              Because he only has 3 noteworthy fights, struggled against Glen Johnson, never even fought on HBO and brings no money to the table. He's just trying to build his name off Joe's and he wouldn't even be being mentioned if Pavlik hadn't been exposed.
              Your correct he may have never of fought on HBO.. But dont you find it interesting that an HBO presenter not merely mentions dawsons name but puts it to Calzaghe - imo that would mean Dawson will be coming to HBO sooner rather than later.

I also love the way you rubbish Johnson... Johnson is not a walk in the park, look what he did to Jones, a younger jones than the one Calzaghe fought at that.

If my memory serves me right Calzaghe is now fighting @ LHW... Dawson is probably the primest live threat @ LHW why wouldn't it be right for boxing fans to call for this fight. What is the reason we watch this sport for???

Comment

I wanna see Joe fight Dawson, if it was in Cardiff next year i'd go and see it. My point is that if Joe wants to retire then he's well within his right to. There's always gonna be the new up and coming guy and we've seen many over the years who look a lot better than Chad Dawson.

Comment

what annoys me about Calzaghe sometimes is whenever someone considers an opponent he gets offended and bashs them.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
                    I wanna see Joe fight Dawson, if it was in Cardiff next year i'd go and see it. My point is that if Joe wants to retire then he's well within his right to. There's always gonna be the new up and coming guy and we've seen many over the years who look a lot better than Chad Dawson.
                    I totally agree JC can retire and be more than proud of what he has achieved, the only thing I cannot agree with is the fact that many Calzaghe fans are totally dismissing Dawson has a valid opponent for Calzaghe.. If Calzaghe continues to fight I don't see any other opponent out there for him right now... and as for the rematches that are being called Calzaghes gone on record to say he doesn't do rematches.

Comment

Originally posted by S1MANC View Post
                      I totally agree JC can retire and be more than proud of what he has achieved, the only thing I cannot agree with is the fact that many Calzaghe fans are totally dismissing Dawson has a valid opponent for Calzaghe.. If Calzaghe continues to fight I don't see any other opponent out there for him right now... and as for the rematches that are being called Calzaghes gone on record to say he doesn't do rematches.
                      Fair enough, I personally don't feel like Dawson has done much to earn the Calzaghe fight, I feel like he is just the one young up and coming guy in amongst the oldies at LHW. However if Joe does want to carry on and a fight with Dawson in Cardiff can motivate him then bring it on.

Comment

Working...
                      X