Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will 24/7 brainwash people into believing pacquiao has a chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading many posts in this thread (as well as every other pac v. oscar thread) my question is IS 98% OF BOXINGSCENE BLIND?!?!?!?

Pacquaio is CLEARLY an underdog...CLEARLY...

but the last time i checked pacquaio was the p4p champion of the world who posses natural talent and skill...he's earned his stripes through all the wars and tough fights he's been in over the years...he has wins against some of the best fighters of this era.

Everyone is SO quick to point out the height difference between the two fighters...that seems to be the unanimous arguement with majority of the fans here...but what about the height difference between say margarito and williams? or quintana and williams? margarito and cotto?

they are all very comparable height differences and I will be the first to say that boxingscene in general has made WAY TOO MUCH of the height as being a big factor as to why pacquaio will get his head handed to him.

What about the fact oscar is past his prime, slowing down...fades at the end of fights, etc?

What about the fact pacman is still close to (if not just on the exit of) his prime, has quick speed, fast hands, pretty strong for his size, a precision puncher; etc???

The reason I believe its going to be so close is that if pacquaio and team employ the right kind of strategy that by the time the 8th or 9th round comes pacquaio can win nearly EVERY round after that as oscar begins to fade.

I think the correct strategy is to make oscar move early...make oscar chase pacquaio...be elusive, use that speed and youth to his advantage...work oscar's body to slow him down...if he can outlast oscar early and not fall into oscar's apparent plan of turning it into a toe to toe fight oscar will fade down the stretch leaving himself open to pacquaio punishing him late...

I DO believe oscar wins this but given all the facts around this fight pacquaio has MORE than enough tools to work a strategy similar to what i just wrote and be successful with it.

I think oscar wins a split decision due to the fact I think pacquaio will attempt to win majority of the late rounds once oscar begins to fade...

i think it ends up 7 rounds to 5 rounds for oscar...possibly 8 rounds to 4 rounds.

I think pacquaio deserves more credit though.

Comment

Originally posted by billionaire View Post
      so far many have been brainwashed to think hatton would beat mayweather and an washed up roy was back....even when it dont make sense on paper

they will really make drama out the fact that oscar hasnt made 147 weight in years...pacman is gettin killed

roger mayweather said it best "the reason they could make rocky 1 2 3 4 5 and ****in 6 is because people believe in bull****"
      Maybe, HBO are very good at hyping a fight with 24/7 and its great to watch they are very good at it.. but it wont fool me. as much as i would like to see pacman beat the **** out of Oscar, at the end of the day i just think hes too big for pac.

Comment

Working...
      X