No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola - Clubbing From The Beginning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Arreola - Clubbing From The Beginning

By Brent Matteo Alderson - On November 29, Chris Arreola 25-0 (22KOs) is facing Travis Walker 28-1-1 (22KOs) on HBO in a hotly anticipated bout between two rare commodities, two highly touted and talented American-born heavyweights with good power that prefer to **** rather than box. Both fighters have stated that the bout is going to be a barn-burner with the larger Walker commenting that he’s “going to come at Arreola and back him up because I don’t think he can fight going back and he’s not going to know what to do because he hasn’t fought anybody as strong as me!” [details]

I thought from the title he was going to partying in nightclubs to prepare for the fight

Comment

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
      I thought from the title he was going to partying in nightclubs to prepare for the fight
      The Burrito Grande y Disco

Comment

Walker by KO

Comment

Correction.... Walker by KTFO
          Originally posted by ringsidemike View Post
          Walker by KO

Comment

Up And Coming Talents?

I don't know anything about Walker but I've seen Arreola fight a number of times. He has yet to impress me. His competition has been soft, as most up and comers competition's is, but he's not committed and I think once he's tested stamina and skill wise he's going to kiss the canvas....HARD. I'd like to get behind Chris but he can't even get behind himself and come to fight in shape. He reminds me of Sam Peter...a crude slugger who's only weapon is his power. I'm waiting for Chris to fight an A class fighter...that will be the exposing of a lifetime, at least I think so.

Comment

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
              LOL....I though we were gonna see some pics of "The Nightmare" shaking it with some hotty!!! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by myau1 View Post
                I don't know anything about Walker but I've seen Arreola fight a number of times. He has yet to impress me. His competition has been soft, as most up and comers competition's is, but he's not committed and I think once he's tested stamina and skill wise he's going to kiss the canvas....HARD. I'd like to get behind Chris but he can't even get behind himself and come to fight in shape. He reminds me of Sam Peter...a crude slugger who's only weapon is his power. I'm waiting for Chris to fight an A class fighter...that will be the exposing of a lifetime, at least I think so.
                I would not be that skeptical about Chris Arreola. Though his physical conditioning can justifiably be questioned, he seems to have the mental determination to make it in the sport. He has a fighting mentality and seems to have knowledge of boxing's history and expectations placed upon Heavyweight Champions in particular.

If Arreola comes to this fight in shape (November 29th is my Birthday by the way, which makes it even better that P-Will is fighting too), then I dont think Travis walker will be able to stop him. Arreola no doubts possesses some mad skills. He is not only strong, but he mixes up his punches very well, and he knows how to get inside his opponents defense to hit them with some great blows.

His record may not be the greatest yet, but I think he has faced some good competition, including Chazz Witherspoon, and his record is no doubt better than Travis Walker. A fact brought up when Arreola proclaimed that his desire was to become a great "World Champion" and not just a good "American HW Champion" like Walker is seemingly down the path to becoming given his choice of opponenets.

I say an in shape and mentally sound Arreola takes Travis Walker in an 8th Round KO, or in a hard fought UD, with the earlier rounds Travis being more competitive and Arreola breaking him down in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LRcie03 View Post
                  His record may not be the greatest yet, but I think he has faced some good competition, including Chazz Witherspoon, and his record is no doubt better than Travis Walker. A fact brought up when Arreola proclaimed that his desire was to become a great "World Champion" and not just a good "American HW Champion" like Walker is seemingly down the path to becoming given his choice of opponenets.

To win "stepping-stone" titles like NABF and Continental Americas belts, you have to face opponents from America. The Garcia and Estrada fights avenged losses Walker took in the amateurs.

Walker's name was on the short list for both Peter and Vlad in the past year.

Comment

I'm having a cheeky fiver on Walker at 9-1.

The Nipple gets nothing from me.

Comment

Working...
                    X