Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopkins' Legendary Quest Blocked By Calzaghe and Jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
    that's the reason why there really is no need for a joe calzaghe rematch, should joe not want to give him one....first of all it was a SD, and like i noted before many writers, fans, and fighters alike feel that decision went to the wrong man......the court of public opinion can be stronger than the judges' rulings sometimes.
    The judges went for Calzaghe AND the court of public opinion went for Calzaghe. Unbiased places like this forum, went for Calzaghe. So if you hold so much importance in the 'court of public opinion', then ****ing accept that opinion and stop putting around that it was contentious or controversial or debated and simply accept it as fact. Calzaghe won that fight, he won it on the scorecards, he won it in the arena, he won it in the press row, he won it in the homes of the majority, in spite of being in the back yard of the 'hometown favourite' (thats what its called when Calzaghe fights anywhere in Europe apparently, so its certainly the case when Hopkins fights in America). Thats as simple as it is. Every poll that has ever been on this forum in regards to that fight scores Calzaghe as the deserved winner. You Hopkins fans and Calzaghe detractors should accept this.

Comment

Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
      The judges went for Calzaghe AND the court of public opinion went for Calzaghe. Unbiased places like this forum, went for Calzaghe. So if you hold so much importance in the 'court of public opinion', then ****ing accept that opinion and stop putting around that it was contentious or controversial or debated and simply accept it as fact. Calzaghe won that fight, he won it on the scorecards, he won it in the arena, he won it in the press row, he won it in the homes of the majority, in spite of being in the back yard of the 'hometown favourite' (thats what its called when Calzaghe fights anywhere in Europe apparently, so its certainly the case when Hopkins fights in America). Thats as simple as it is. Every poll that has ever been on this forum in regards to that fight scores Calzaghe as the deserved winner. You Hopkins fans and Calzaghe detractors should accept this.
      bruh, i've heard just as many ppl say they thought hopkins won, as those that thought calzaghe actually won......

bottom line, it was a SD, far from clear cut.......so the fact that calzaghe won't give him a rematch is not a big deal, the decision was a disputed one, and no matter where you go, there'll always be people who think the wrong guy got the decision. period.

i just hopes roy jones beats the piss outta calzaghe, then he and hopkins can go at it, and calzaghe can keep fighting, retire, or go to hell for all i care. sorry.

Comment

Hopkins legendary quest

If Roy Jones and Joe Calzaghe is in a better legendary status that Hopkins, then I would Like to know who are the great fighters that they fought in their perspective divisions? The first guy(the legend killer) that stood in front of Roy Jones, that did not back up and Roy did not have an height advantage over, knocked him out. The best guy that Joe fought was Hopkins and won by a split decision, meaning that the fight could have gone to Hopkins.
        Bernard Hopkins is one the few champions in boxing that lost his title via split decision.

Comment

Bottom line is that it doesnt matter what you have 'heard'. The polls here, in the media, on other sports channels, by the judges, by the press row etc have been pretty much unanimous. It was a close fought fight which Joe Calzaghe deservedly won. Bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by AUBREYD View Post
            If Roy Jones and Joe Calzaghe is in a better legendary status that Hopkins, then I would Like to know who are the great fighters that they fought in their perspective divisions? The first guy(the legend killer) that stood in front of Roy Jones, that did not back up and Roy did not have an height advantage over, knocked him out. The best guy that Joe fought was Hopkins and won by a split decision, meaning that the fight could have gone to Hopkins.
            Bernard Hopkins is one the few champions in boxing that lost his title via split decision.
            just keep it coming, the h8ers gon h8 to hear it.......

of course, there will always be the excuse of roy jones coming down in weight, that his fans will use.......

that calzaghe fight SHOULD'VE gone to hopkins....when i heard split decision, it knew it was gon be some ****. like sombody posted yesterday, if you watch the exchanges in that fight again, in slow motion, you'll see the kind of punches joe was landing.....arms and shoulders....while he was getting hit in the face.

but like i say, thats another thing that makes hopkins so great. the fights he lose, are still disputed decisions, except the first rjj fight.....

Comment

i somewhat liked the article until he totally overrated hopkins at the end......in my mind, if he wasnt a **** cheater who has beat 0 HOFs his own size...he wouldve been great, he had the skills(to beat some) but not the will.....good thing he has names, which apparently charms everyone...hell be remembered as more than he really was legacy wise.......he was greatly skilled that ive never denied(except in the fights he cheated more than should be allowed.....)

Comment

Bottom line is that it doesnt matter what you have 'heard'. The polls here, in the media, on other sports channels, by the judges, by the press row etc have been pretty much unanimous. It was a close fought fight which Joe Calzaghe deservedly won. Bottom line.
                what polls? what sports channel polls? wtf are u talking about?

i dont care about opinion polls from this site, its clear alot of ppl post here based on their opinions towards a fighter............

maybe u mean espn, who scored the fight for hopkins? or better yet, press row was split or even slightly hopkins. i wanna know what polls and what bigger sports channels than espn could you be quoting? better yet, i watched the fight with my own eyes, and i dont care if you slap a guy 15 times on the arm, if you hits you three times in the face, you lost that round....there were many like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                  Maybe. Perhaps that's what bugs B-Hop. Both of these guys beat him in ugly, decision victories, and he feels as though they owe him something.

They don't. They are going out with a ****, and getting a lot of attention for it. Hopkins will always be mentioned with Jones and Calzaghe, but will be the third guy; like Hearns was with Hagler and Leonard, like Frazier was with Ali and Foreman.

He's an all-time p4p great, no doubt, and a top 5 all-time middleweight champion.
                  Please, Calzaghe will never be ahead of BHOP. NEVER. And Jones is going to be remembered for getting KTFO. This writer is a Hopkins hater in disguise. I've read his garbage before. Leonard, Hearns and Duran were all welterweights and lightweights and Hagler gets all the credit in the world for fighting them. This author sucks. Bottom line...

Comment

WRONG! At least half the media had it for Hopkins. Besides Hopkins was FORTY FUC*N THREE. You think people will forget that?

Comment

John Hivley should be executed! He sucks donkey balls

Comment

Working...
                      X