No announcement yet.

Carl Froch: "I Thought Bernard Hopkins Beat Joe Calzaghe"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carl Froch: "I Thought Bernard Hopkins Beat Joe Calzaghe"

Unbeaten Nottingham super middleweight Carl "The Cobra" Froch has once again taken a few shots at his UK rival, Joe Calzaghe. Giving his opinions on the upcoming clash between Calzaghe and Roy Jones Jr, he gives Jones a very strong shot to win. Froch says that if Jones has at least 50% of what he used to have during his prime, Calzaghe will be in for a rough night. Froch challenges for the vacant WBC super middleweight title in December against Jean Pascal. [details]

I had it as a draw, but I guess it could go either way. I don't even see the match as a win for Calzaghe anyway.

Comment

i thought so too

Comment

I thought Bernard lost it more than Joe won it. I didn't score it, I just watched it. It felt like Bernard let it slip away and Joe pulled it out. This is also the reason why I will continue to question if Joe could beat a younger/prime version of Hopkins who didn't run out of gas and actually used dirty tricks, threw combos, used the jab more, etc.

The same goes for his Taylor fights.

I only watched it once, so maybe I'll watch it again.

Oh, and Froch wouldn't be the first to say Joe lost.

Froch quote:

"It's an interesting fight because I think that Calzaghe is past his best as well. "

I can agree with this. I'm never sold on fighters after they get into their 30's, but Joe has had some lack-luster fights even before his fight with Jeff Lacy.
        Last edited by Benny Leonard; 11-03-2008, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Froch is just saying it to try and lure Calzaghe into a fight with him, it's the biggest money fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
            Froch is just saying it to try and lure Calzaghe into a fight with him, it's the biggest money fight for him.
            Silencers is right on this. Froch seems to have a habit of saying something about Calzaghe, coincidentally, usually around the times when Joe is about to fight and in the spotlight. Some would say Froch "attaches" himself to Joe's career. No disrespect to Carl, I'm a supporter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I thought Carl Froch beat nobody except a totally shot Robin Reid. And even though it took Jeff Lacy longer to do it, Jeff Lacy's knock out looked far superior to Carls.

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
                I thought Carl Froch beat nobody except a totally shot Robin Reid. And even though it took Jeff Lacy longer to do it, Jeff Lacy's knock out looked far superior to Carls.
                Carl's was unexpected, Reid just sort of crumbled in an odd way.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live *** cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by F-R-K-O View Post
                  Carl's was unexpected, Reid just sort of crumbled in an odd way.
                  I'm not a fan of a guy like Carls who seems like he thinks he deserves a short-cut to someone like Calzaghe.

I can see he probably was mad about Calzaghe choosing someone like Manfredo, so why not choose froch? Manfredo was actually pretty well known in the states so that wasn't that bad of a fight to go with for Calzaghe.

What froch needs to do is knock-out or beat Pascal and then challenge other people in the super-middle weight division like bute/andrade.

Comment

Originally posted by MacChamp View Post
                    I'm not a fan of a guy like Carls who seems like he thinks he deserves a short-cut to someone like Calzaghe.

I can see he probably was mad about Calzaghe choosing someone like Manfredo, so why not choose froch? Manfredo was actually pretty well known in the states so that wasn't that bad of a fight to go with for Calzaghe.

What froch needs to do is knock-out or beat Pascal and then challenge other people in the super-middle weight division like bute/andrade.
                    Agree with you. I know you're not a Froch fan but I'm sure he'll do well. He's a big mofo with a lot of power and a style that's hard to figure out, even though his hands are not in an orthodox position, that's how he fights. Kinda like a SMW version of Darchinyan in some ways. A very skilled boxer should be able to beat him, but he'll need a damn good chin.

Comment

Working...
                    X