Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of any non expensive boxing gyms in Manhattan/brooklyn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of any non expensive boxing gyms in Manhattan/brooklyn?

Hey guys. I want to start training, for health and aesthetic reasons mostly, but want to spar and get ring time.
    Do any of you from the manhattan/brooklyn area know of any non expensive boxing gyms?

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
    Hey guys. I want to start training, for health and aesthetic reasons mostly, but want to spar and get ring time.
    Do any of you from the manhattan/brooklyn area know of any non expensive boxing gyms?
    just go into the woods, you will emerge a man

Comment

lol on my way

Comment

any boxing club should be cheap..try starrett city or gleasons ..these about 100 in manhattan ..most are little or no charge as long as you really plan on boxing

Comment

It depends on your definition of non-expensive. Don't expect to find any private gyms with boxing instruction that charge less than $150/month unless it is the PAL (Police Athletic League). Gleasons is expensive in my opinion, you pay for using the facilities and pay whatever the coach wants to charge you. The other private gyms follow the same format when it comes to pricing. If you are a teenager then look into the PAL (Police Athetic League). You might be able to get away with training there if you are a few years older. There's one in the Bronx that offers boxing and I think also in Harlem.

If you are willing to pay $150 - $250 each month for lessons than check out Gleasons Gym (Brooklyn, NY), Church Street Boxing (lower Manhattan), and Kingsway Boxing Gym (midtown Manhattan). I'm not sure what's availaible in Queens at this time.

Comment

awesome guys. Another guy at my college also suggested Gleasons, so i guess i might check that out.

Comment

One in Ridgewood Brooklyn.

GYMU.. Im thinking of trying that gym out.

Starret City is a pain to get to.. Bus and train How much they charge anyway? 80$?

Comment

I almost forgot there's also Zaragoza Boxing Gym in Brooklyn. I don't know what the cost is to train there.

Comment

Theres a small boxing gym, about the size of a garage pretty close to my house to, Rockin Rays boxing

Comment

my gym is the bomb. luis collazo trains there. travis simms and jaidon codrington used to train there. we have a lot of great amateur fighter there.

its in ridgewood, queens off the myrtle l train stop. call ray at 718-366-6586. tell him spiegel sent you!

its the best deal in the city. training included in membership and no sharks trying to steal you from other trainers, call u "champ" and give you false hopes. ray is brutally honest and thats a good thing. you will get your skills up nicely. the amateur team is called brotherhood, and thats what the vibe is like. we all support each other and work with each other to get better. good luck bro and hope to see you at the gym soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X