Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of any non expensive boxing gyms in Manhattan/brooklyn?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look for a PAL (police activities league) boxing gym..

Comment

Originally posted by MikeBrew328 View Post
      That's not always a good thing. Fro what I see, the trainers at Gleason's are top notch, but kind of passive. Understandably so, they deal with thousands and thousands of pnches a day. Unless you're really good that is. It is a great place to be though, if you want to be a fighter. If you can make it at gleason's and be respected an do good in NY you can do anything. I'm probably just biased because I'm used to more personal training, or my amateur coaches who I have a more of a friendship with.

From what I've seen, Brotherhood looks to be doing good.

Another thing is to look at what neighborhood the gym is in. Especially being a college student. You might walk into some ****, if you know what I mean. I didn't, some time ago, which is a different story lol.

Good uck.
      yea well that's exactly the angle I was trying to explain, that depending on what you're looking for the #1 biggest celebrity gym on the face of the earth might not be exactly what you're looking for. And you're right, the trainers are all world class world famous trainers and if/when you sign up they don't seem to pay as much attention as you would like. It is frustrating at times. On the other hand, the sheer number of trainers on the premises, which is probably far more than most or any other gym in the world, ensures that oftne times you're getting tons of advice and help from every side by trainers that aren't even your trainer. It wasn't out of the ordinary for me to receive dozens of tips per day from over 10 diff. world class trainers that happened to just see me in the ring or shadow box or whatever and just wanted to share a few tips with me etc.

Comment

Working...
      X