Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At 160..Hopkins loses to Pav...at 175 Hops beat JT CONVINCINGLY..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sick of this weight bull****. Pavlik got schooled. That was so one-sided that it should be impossible to make excuses of any kind.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      I'm sick of this weight bull****. Pavlik got schooled. That was so one-sided that it should be impossible to make excuses of any kind.
      I agree. Thats why I didnt make any excuses.

Comment

I don't see the weight as that big of a factor in the fight, It was more Hopkins style that affected Pavlik. He just couldn't do what he wanted because Hopkins wouldn't let him. Hopkins would beat him at any weight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
          I don't see the weight as that big of a factor in the fight, It was more Hopkins style that affected Pavlik. He just couldn't do what he wanted because Hopkins wouldn't let him. Hopkins would beat him at any weight imo.
          The Hopkins at 160 was long over due to be a light heavy. He moved up and used Mackie for a REASON...

The Hopkins who lost to JT loses to Pav IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
            The Hopkins at 160 was long over due to be a light heavy. He moved up and used Mackie for a REASON...

I disagree.

Hopkins simply didn't fight the right fight for both Taylor fights although i thought he deserved the second fight.

Taylor's speed and athleticism is what troubled bernard and Pavlik has neither.

Comment

They've been saying for the last couple years pavlik is having trouble making 160 and they wanted him to move up in weight anyways. Obviously now they will continue to try and make 160 but there is a time coming very soon when he's not going to be able to make 160 anymore. Pavlik is a big middleweight, he's more natural at 168-174. And according to Jack Loew prior to the fight, hopkins is "just a blown up middleweight" and "the added weight is very comfortable for kelly."

Comment

Yeah Pav had the age advantage ..heck yeah..

I just think that the Hops who fought JT ( who should have moved to 175 sooner and also hadnt worked with Mackie) would lose to Pav..or atleast it would have been closer. I think that the guy that fought Pav last night would not lose a close fight to Jt but would in fact dominate him at 175
                I agree. Thats why I didnt make any excuses.
                You're grasping at straws to come up with hypothetical scenarios in which you think Pavlik would beat Hopkins. The clear intent of these scenarios is to EXCUSE the reasons for which Pavlik lost, which include him being a slower, simpler fighter with less experience and a terrible strategy.

Guess what? He doesn't beat Hopkins. Period. If he had any shot at beating Hopkins, he would've put out a better performance against him, regardless of the catch weight. He didn't though. Because he can't, not at this stage of his career with his current style.

And dragging JT into your hypothetical scenarios, pretending he would get dominated by Hopkins, is pathetic and reeks of desparation to make Pavlik look better. Jermain is a more versatile, faster fighter who matches up better with Hopkins. He doesn't get dominated at any weight. He never has.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                  I disagree.

Hopkins simply didn't fight the right fight for both Taylor fights although i thought he deserved the second fight.

Taylor's speed and athleticism is what troubled bernard and Pavlik has neither.
                  why didnt he fight the right fight in the second fight with JT(which he lost as well)?

He had one whole fight to learn his opponent....

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
                    You're grasping at straws to come up with hypothetical scenarios in which you think Pavlik would beat Hopkins. The clear intent of these scenarios is to EXCUSE the reasons for which Pavlik lost, which include him being a slower, simpler fighter with less experience and a terrible strategy.

Guess what? He doesn't beat Hopkins. Period. If he had any shot at beating Hopkins, he would've put out a better performance against him, regardless of the catch weight. He didn't though. Because he can't, not at this stage of his career with his current style.

And dragging JT into your hypothetical scenarios, pretending he would get dominated by Hopkins, is pathetic and reeks of desparation to make Pavlik look better. Jermain is a more versatile, faster fighter who matches up better with Hopkins. He doesn't get dominated at any weight. He never has.

Im a much bigger Hopkins fan then I am a Pavlik or jt fan.. so there is no pathetic desparation to make Pavlik look better.

pavlik KTFO JT and Jt beat Hops I dont need to come up with hypothetical scenarios for that.

I just feel that the HOPS that barely through any shots and gave up most of the round against JT AT 160..would to lose to Pav at 160 in the same fashion. I feel Hops should have moved up to LH before he fought JT. BEING a tall MW and not moving up til your almost 40 or are 40 is a long time to keep weight off. Name another middle who started above LHW and stayed at middle weight that long...James Tony didnt, Roy didnt.. etc...

Comment

Lets not forget that Hopkins hired fitness guru Mackie Shilstone to help him put on the xtra weight at LH to where he would be in the best shape possible..this is the same guy that worked with RJJ when he went to heavy and he beat Ruiz who is limited but also seemed un beatable at the time with wins over top HW contenders..

All im saying is not only did Hopkins come up with a great game plan he also is more comfortable at that weight.

All Kelly did was NOT LOSE 10 extra pounds. He didnt go to length that Bernard did..when he moved up to fight Tarver..and look what happend when he fought Tarver.. was a once sided schooling like in the Pav fight.

Just my thoughts.oh yeah

Hopkins is a former mw champ..former LH champ and a HOF. pAV wasnt EXPOSED or OVERRATED...he was rated where he belongs..he earned his rating....
                      Youre in denial.

Comment

Working...
                      X