Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At 160..Hopkins loses to Pav...at 175 Hops beat JT CONVINCINGLY..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
    They've been saying for the last couple years pavlik is having trouble making 160 and they wanted him to move up in weight anyways. Obviously now they will continue to try and make 160 but there is a time coming very soon when he's not going to be able to make 160 anymore. Pavlik is a big middleweight, he's more natural at 168-174. And according to Jack Loew prior to the fight, hopkins is "just a blown up middleweight" and "the added weight is very comfortable for kelly."

nobody from Pav's camp has ever said....

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
      Youre in denial.
      denial about what??

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
        nobody from Pav's camp has ever said....
        "It's tough for me to make 160. I'm taller than he is. I have broader shoulders and I'm longer. It tears your body down to get to 160" - Kelly Pavlik

"I think 166 favors us because we have the naturally bigger guy and Kelly struggles to make 160," said Top Rank's Bob Arum

“Pavlik had to kill himself to make 160,” he said recently. “This allows him to be even stronger this time around.” - Emmanual Stewart (not in his camp, but still, it's common knowledge)

Comment

Originally posted by natas206 View Post
          "It's tough for me to make 160. I'm taller than he is. I have broader shoulders and I'm longer. It tears your body down to get to 160" - Kelly Pavlik

"I think 166 favors us because we have the naturally bigger guy and Kelly struggles to make 160," said Top Rank's Bob Arum

“Pavlik had to kill himself to make 160,” he said recently. “This allows him to be even stronger this time around.” - Emmanual Stewart (not in his camp, but still, it's common knowledge)

I stand corrected on that.

Doesnt mean that Bhop beats him at 160. Bhop looked horrible his last two fights there.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
            I stand corrected on that.

Doesnt mean that Bhop beats him at 160. Bhop looked horrible his last two fights there.
            He didn't look horrible it was more so he didn't do as much as he could have/should have in those fights and that has a lot to do with taylor's style (hopkins has had problems with faster/more athletic fighters). Pavlik's style is still the same 160 as it is at 170 and hopkins would just have easily picked him apart. I mean, pavlik landed what? One flush shot on hopkins the entire night? That isn't a weight issue - that's someone getting schooled badly and not being able to hit your target (that's hopkins lateral movement and taking away his jab which also means he couldn't follow up). That's what hopkins does - he takes away his opponents best weapon and when guys like pavlik or tarver have no other weapons in their arsenal, they get absolutely schooled.

Comment

Working...
            X