No announcement yet.

Vitali’s Performance Was a Tribute To Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theboymartay View Post
    The way I see it is Lewis in his own mind had nothing to prove after beating Tyson its the fight he had wanted for years. He WAS in poor shape and he had not fought for a year what do you expect?? His best? As the fight went on he did look better and to be fair unless the cuts were accidental Vitali fans have nothing to cry out!! Lewis smashed his face up end of story, whether he was winning on points is fairly irrelivant when there is no way his face would have held up for twelve rounds. What more does Lewis have to prove? Zip!

Peter was hand picked for Vitali he wont face anyone with any speed or footwork.

And Lewis wont come back, Vitali needs him to make his world championship legitimate.

As for the cat calls about Rahman, I am surprised there hasnt been people talking about McCall as well. Lewis lost by KO yes but then destroyed Rahman and McCall had a little cry in the ring what more do you want!!!

Next it will be him having a weak chin.....
    Well said. Biggest myth in boxing was Lewis had a weak chin. Faced and took punches from some of the hardest hitters ever. It wasn't granite but it was more than solid.

Comment

To be honest Vitali was always a very very fighter and Lennox ia a legend of the sport and deserves a huge amount of respect, the fact that Vitali came back with a very good performance after so long out shows that Vitali is of genuine class. Vitali's win also showed us that Sam Peter is a ****ty coward joke of a boxer.

Comment

Some good points. VK is back wit a good win and has people talkin, and Lennox can point and laugh sayin "So what? I beat him before." Even tho that win wasn't as decisive as he woulda liked, it still counts and any of VK's new success just makes Lennox look a lil better.

Comment

This artilce portrays a one-sided picture of what happenned. Here are some thoughts to balance it:

If they had gone to the scorecards, Vitaliy would have won. Vitaliy was winning on the scorecards. Too bad a really bad cut stopped Vitaliy from winning.

Lennox should have given the rematch to Vitaliy. He had promised arematch in the post-fight interview, but he never delivered on his promise.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            That's about the smartest logic I've seen here today and I see some pretty damn smart logic here!

Ok. Where were we? Oh ... Klit. I think a lot of people don't really understand what was happening to Klit's eye. That thing was a severe mess. Another two rounds, and Lewis was getting stronger, and it would have swollen over his eye and kept splitting further down and across. Imagine Vargas' eye against Mosley with Klit's cut over the top ... Because that's what would have eventually happened.

Folks also don't get the fact that Lewis hardly trained at all. He had never come into a fight in worse shape, which is his own stupid fault, but it just shows you that if they had had a rematch with the proper Lewis, as in the one that was in against Tyson, it would have been a lot worse for Klit and a lot easier for Lewis.

It's not as if Klit was going to start seeing out of his eye suddenyl or that his team were going to stop the bleeding or keep the cut from reopening and getting bigger is it? If you can do damage to your opponents facial tissue, you can win the fight by making it so bad that the fight has to be stopped due to the danger to the other guy. Lewis executed that strategy to perfection. There has rarely been a cut as bad as that one and Lewis was going to do everything to make it worse. That was a genuine win and not some 'luck' thing like all the Klit fans seem to think it was. It didn't happen by accident, it happened because Lewis was trying to break Klit's face open exactly as he did! No different from if he had out-pointed him or even knocked him out.
            Devils advocate enters the room.........................

Since Lewis did'nt train and Vitali was in the best shape of his career, it evened out the odds in your opinion , right? At least that's what i gathered from your long, redundant post. I want to bring up a few small tid-bits for thought as well.

First, Klitschko was training for some bum on the undercard and definitely not prepared to fight a guy anywhere near Lennox's skill level. Both fighters had the same amount of time to train for one another as well. That makes them about the same in that aspect.
            Next, Vitali has really not been all that active since losing to Byrd with the torn rotator cuff.(serious injury) Lennox acually was more active and had more fights between 2000-2003. Making Lewis really the bussier and more practiced guy. The over weight thing was a result of overeating a good while after beating Tyson and cementing his legacy. I don't agree that the weight lost him the fight.
            Lastly, Vitali was winning that fight easily and I gave Lennox one round at the time of stoppage. The cut was horrible and should have ended the fight, but i think Vitali would have eventually KO'd Lewis had the fight cont'd. Lewis and Vitali were trading good punches and both were pretty tired in the round before the stoppage so there was no way to tell who was stronger. If I had to guess the outcome, I would have to lean toward Klitschko, who had never been down or stopped without injury. Lewis was knocked cold on 2 occasions and may have been later in this fight as well.
            In closing, if Lennox though he had a shot at beating Vitali in a rematch, it would have happened. All the excuses in the world will not change that. And, as you see, Vitali's eye was in good enough shape to destroy the WBC title holder after 3 1/2 years of inactivity. - Peace

Comment

Lewis got the win, but to me Vitaly proved to be the better man. Lewis disrespected Vitaly by playing down his performance. He always wanted to see him lose, even advised future opponents how to do it (ill-advised actually). That's pretty obsessive as well. And finally, he broke his word. He promised to rematch Vitaly, but retired instead, claiming he had nothing left to prove. I'm not a big fan of Calzaghe, but after the Kessler fight, he said he wouldn't wanna fight him again, because Kessler's only getting better. That's some good sportsmanship, I never heard anything like this from Lennox.
              Klitchko on the other hand always respected Lewis, saying he's the best he's ever fought, even thanks him for giving him the chance to prove his skills against him.
              I think Lewis knows in his heart, that he just got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                This artilce portrays a one-sided picture of what happenned. Here are some thoughts to balance it:

If they had gone to the scorecards, Vitaliy would have won. Vitaliy was winning on the scorecards. Too bad a really bad cut stopped Vitaliy from winning.

Lennox should have given the rematch to Vitaliy. He had promised arematch in the post-fight interview, but he never delivered on his promise.
                If many fights had gone to the scorecards after 6 rounds am pretty sure the outcome wouldnt have been the same.

Zab Judah could have been the winner against Mayweather or most of his opponents, fights are decided after 12 rounds not 6 rounds.. VK might have been leading on the scorecard but with a deep cut like that its safe to say that LL would have exploited that opportunity to get the fight stopped which he did.

And LL can do whatever he feels like doing with his career, So what if he promise VK a rematch in the ring?? He doesnt own VK anything he deserves to retire whenever he feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by elbonzoseco View Post
                  Lewis got the win, but to me Vitaly proved to be the better man. Lewis disrespected Vitaly by playing down his performance. He always wanted to see him lose, even advised future opponents how to do it (ill-advised actually). That's pretty obsessive as well. And finally, he broke his word. He promised to rematch Vitaly, but retired instead, claiming he had nothing left to prove. I'm not a big fan of Calzaghe, but after the Kessler fight, he said he wouldn't wanna fight him again, because Kessler's only getting better. That's some good sportsmanship, I never heard anything like this from Lennox.
                  Klitchko on the other hand always respected Lewis, saying he's the best he's ever fought, even thanks him for giving him the chance to prove his skills against him.
                  I think Lewis knows in his heart, that he just got lucky.

Whats all this he promise VK a rematch stuff??? If LL didnt respect Vitali would he appear in his fight against peter urging him to win??? people please get a grip before you start sounding like a female ....."He promise him a rematch".....

Comment

anyone know how old lennox is?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      anyone know how old lennox is?

Turned 43 last month...

Comment

Working...
                      X