Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Vitali's Return Block Wlad's Possible "Ring" Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those brother have now put a strong hold on the title of HW supremacy because they're not going to fight each other, as long as both of them are active someone needs to be them both before there can be an undisputed HW champ

Comment

Get Rid Of The Alphabet Crooks

About The Ring;
      The Ring is to blame for the acceptance of the WBConeheads, because of their mid-70’s cheating with the ratings (actually, don’t read The Ring, read John Ort, an employed at the ****zine).
      Bert Sugar tried to restore this, bringing the “sponsored by Budweiser Ratings” in 1979, a terrific and justifying system, which would have eliminated the power of the ****in’ (sorry) alphabet groups, if it weren’t for those journalists who reported every WBA/WBC stinker as a legimitate “world title” fight. Since then, we have been “blessed” by another couple of usurers, the IBF and WBO, and who received immediate acceptance by the same (lousy) journalists mentioned before.
      What the WB*******s & Co. do is luring the boxer of money, forcing to pay sanction fees for receiving their belts. Why? I never have understand why the fighter should have to pay for receiving a ‘world title’. If he’s good enough, he has the right to fight for it, and earn it himself (and his stable). Without having to pay any (outsiders) scoundrels for it.
      So, the most trustworthy championship today, and which every fighter should chase, is the Ring ****zine (1922) belt, with the acceptance of the world’s oldest, still existing boxing ****zine, Boxing News (1909).
      The oldies ain’t interested in pocketing money out of the boxers. What they want is a legitimate champion in each division, and a fair treatment and rating of every boxer, based on what the boxer has achieved between the ropes instead of what he’s been paying to various swindlers.

Comment

Originally posted by UTFISH View Post
        The Ring ****zine doen't have to do anything, nor does it feel any pressure to do so because it stands to lose nor gain anything if a heavyweight championship belt is not awarded. That's the beauty of it. They do not extort fees from fighters to call them champion.
        Yes, they don't extort money, but at the same time their "Belt" has very little prestige. The Golden Ring is not what it was in the days of Nat Fleischer, when every word written in any Ring issue was like those of "the Medes and Persians".

This was a very good article, although the Heading seemed like those you see when waiting at the Supermarket checkout. you know.

" Does Blondy Wondy intend to stop living with 5 men and cut down to 3"???.....

Comment

I haven't been living in the States for long now, so I don't know what the signs outside your Supermarket say. But I do miss them. The pies at A&P made me a heavyweight for several years.

Comment

Working...
          X