Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Vitali's Return Block Wlad's Possible "Ring" Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that will stop Wlad getting his hands on the Ring belt is the Hayemaker.

Comment

If Vitali could somehow get his hands on the WBA belt then he should be the ring champ.

Comment

With the Klitschko's monopolising the belts and disabling any chance of a really clear #1 or unification, I'm left wanting to see Wlad lose asap. I think Vitali in his later years for all his performances, injuries and age deserves to get to #1 but in all fairness Wlad needs to lose to completely justify it.

If someone beats Wlad in the next 9 months I can see Vitali taking on the winner and beating them. So, my ideal would be for David to land a Hayemaker and knock Wlad out which is more than possible with Wlads chin. Then Vitali will want revenge especially as Hayes said he'd want him next, Vitali would most likely win so he'd deservedly be the #1 all round. That really is one of the few conclusions likely in the next couple of years.

Comment

The Ring ****zine doen't have to do anything, nor does it feel any pressure to do so because it stands to lose nor gain anything if a heavyweight championship belt is not awarded. That's the beauty of it. They do not extort fees from fighters to call them champion.

Comment

David Tua is much more deserving to be in these rankings than, say, John Ruiz. No? Inactivity may be a downfall, but in this Heavyweight division, Tuaman has that 1 punch knockout power. What does anyone think about a bout between him and Sam Peter? Tua has the iron chin (see: Ike Ibeabuchi) that Peter does not seem to possess. Both seem to have the same problems with the tall-long reach fighters, but a fight between the two would surely be a slugfest.

Comment

its matt skelton you idiot.

Comment

i cant beleive anybody puts wlad over vitali. beleive me the only reason he came back was because he knew wlad was going to have to fight peter again and that it would be a chance he could get knocked out (even though i think he would win easier the second time) i think the main reason he has not returned to the ring in so long is because wlad was doing good ruling the division and he did not want to take away from that. he is an awesome brother.maybe he will continue to fight because i think is one of the best ever.

Comment

It will be a long time before we see the division unified unless Haye manages to ruin the brothers' plans.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    So what? Wlad runs **** at HW. VK helps him out.
                    Vitaly will block Wlad's Ring title. and Wlad doesn't run ****. Vitaly would KTFO wlad.

Comment

Nice to read an article, for once, that takes a positive stand at today’s heavyweight division.
                      The school of East-European boxing dominates today. Is it dull … well, a bit (sometimes). But is it less effective. Hardly. Comparing to the 80s, the division is in great shape. At that time, only (almost, anyway) Holmes (especially), Tyson and Bruno (have I forgotten any) willingly spent hour after hour in the gym (read more Boxing Monthly sept. “The Lost Generation”). Now we have a lot of serious guys, perhaps not with the skills of Holmes and Tyson, but with the same determination (let’s hope Arreola will join ‘em), which makes the division really intriguing. The only thing missing is the ONE AND ONLY champion of the world. Bad luck for Wlad, who is denied this honor because far too many take bogus belts for real.

Comment

Working...
                      X