Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd Beat Pavlik. What Would That Mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick-Sucker View Post
    GOAT?

If he moved up to MW and outpointed Pavlik.

?

It would mean you were asleep and dreaming.

Comment

im one of the very few that believe floyd could beat pavlik...

they keep saying size and strength... i think is the benefit of floyd... by pavlik being so much bigger then floyd... he cant move like floyd...

i take speed over power any day of the week... and Pavlik isnt the fastest handed fighter ive ever seen either... I think Floyd would slip any pavlik jab... and use his legs to move all 12 rounds, pot shotting to the stomach mostly, and coming upstairs occassionaly

I just think with floyds speed and reflexes, he can outbox kelly

Comment

As I said in another post, I think Floyd doesn't have an equal from 130-154. I also said MW is where he would be truly tested for the first time. I see that division posing the biggest problems for him given the size, weight, and power. IF, Floyd was able to avoid being hit for 12 rounds with someone like Kelly, then yes, I would have to agree that he could outbox him. The question isn't whether he is the superior boxer, the question is what happens the first time he is caught flush from a true/big middleweight? That factor alone, I think, would keep floyd far away from 160. By the way, the answer to the "what happens" question = goodnight.

Comment

it would mean all the floyd haters would have to find sum 1 else to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by Simply The Best View Post
            It would mean you were asleep and dreaming.
            whats the dream??? floyd could beat pavlik cause pavlik wouldnt land ****

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
              Just keep in mind what happens when he does land. No way Floyd handles that kind of power. Floyd could also not lay on the ropes and let someone like Kelly **** away on him like he did with Oscar. IMO, it would be a boring fight with Kelly stalking and Floyd running because if they exchanged = goodnight. I do, as I said, believe Floyd has the talent to win on points as reed pointed out but the inevitable "getting caught" would happen at some point in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                im one of the very few that believe floyd could beat pavlik...

they keep saying size and strength... i think is the benefit of floyd... by pavlik being so much bigger then floyd... he cant move like floyd...

i take speed over power any day of the week... and Pavlik isnt the fastest handed fighter ive ever seen either... I think Floyd would slip any pavlik jab... and use his legs to move all 12 rounds, pot shotting to the stomach mostly, and coming upstairs occassionaly

I just think with floyds speed and reflexes, he can outbox kelly
                You guys are kidding, right?

Comment

Originally posted by roundingace View Post
                  Just keep in mind what happens when he does land. No way Floyd handles that kind of power. Floyd could also not lay on the ropes and let someone like Kelly **** away on him like he did with Oscar. IMO, it would be a boring fight with Kelly stalking and Floyd running because if they exchanged = goodnight. I do, as I said, believe Floyd has the talent to win on points as reed pointed out but the inevitable "getting caught" would happen at some point in that fight.
                  pavlik is not a 1 punch ko artist and he'll never hit floyd enough to do that kinda damage

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    You guys are kidding, right?
                    no very serious

Comment

great argument. just flawless.

Comment

Working...
                      X