Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
    Calderon vs Iribe.
    I dont know if you guys couting Juanma vs Luevano
    See, this is precisely the reason PR is ahead. PR Champions "defending" thier "titles" against Mexican tomato cans like Iribe who sports a whopping 16-7-5 record. So the whole rivalry score in championship fights is a bit misleading. What's more important is the results of the significant/major fights between Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.

Luevano is not Mexican, he's American, Chicano.

I included Oscar because he actually holds Mexican citizenship.

Comment

• The whole thread is never going to be accurate. I mean DLH didn't have mexican citizenship when he fought guys like Camacho, so that is irrelevant. If you go by bloodlines- Duran is half mexican due to his dad. Benitez beat Duran in defending his title.

Many american fighters have mexican and PR heritage, do we count them?

If DLH has kids- would they be counted as Mexican even though their mom is Puerto Rican.

I know there is a site that listed almost every fight between both Mexico and PR and its almost even lifetime.

Are we also going to do another thread Panama vs Mexico? Argentina vs Mexico, Panama vs Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico vs Argentina?

I know there are still plenty more to list in this thread is Rivera vs . Garcia even there? Jose Rivera was born in the US and spend alot of time in PR and beat Alejandro Garcia who was mexican, everyone saw it as a PR vs Mex fight.

Vargas vs Trinidad must be counted. Vargas before the fight made it a PR vs Mexico fight. He said " mexicans were superior", and had worn the Mexican flag.

Margs was born in California, but he lives in Mexico. so we count him. Benitez was born in NY, but lives in PR, so we count them.

How about the guys who haved lived in both places. Juan La Porte defended his featherweight title against Ruben Castillo a Mexican American who often visited Mexico, should we count that?

De La Hoya actually spends more time In Puerto Rico than Mexico. DLH's wife is Puerto Rican.

I think we just include everything, even fighters that just have parents born in PR and Mexico.
      Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 08-30-2010, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
        Calderon vs Iribe.
        I dont know if you guys couting Juanma vs Luevano
        ah.. see this is the type of **** you guys always count... that **** aint a victory over mexico, thats a victory over a BUM... get the **** out of here bro...iribe was NEVER a champ

Comment

• Oscar is a fake Mexican, real mexicans don't dress up like women in lingerie... Or do they?

Comment

• Originally posted by Story View Post
            I love Mexicans vs Boricuas in the ring. These eternal enemies will forever bring us great fights.
            Co-sign to the FULLEST!!!...I love this rivalry!!

Comment

• Originally posted by M@nny View Post
              With Segura's HUGE win last night, Mexico is closing the gap...

Two more championship fights in the coming months...

Rafa vs Juanma

Chavez Jr vs Cotto

Will it be 38 - 40 when it's all said and done???
              Don't forget Edgar Sosa over Omar Soto for Mexico. WBC title.

Comment

• Originally posted by IlostMyAccount View Post
                Oscar is a fake Mexican, real mexicans don't dress up like women in lingerie... Or do they?
                Those were fake pics, i think photo shopped. DLH was a great warrior, i don't take nothing away from him. He simply had an issue with conditioning that made him lose the last few championship rounds in big fights as Mayweather, Mosley, and Trinidad. He ran out of gas often. But he did have big wins as Quartay, Chavez, Paez, Vargas, Whitaker, and I thought he beat Mosley(2nd fight), and deserved a draw with Trinidad.

Like i said, it gets ambigous with PR vs Mexico. I would include all fights. Because there are even minor title fights that should be counted. We count Cotto vs Gomez, which is odd since Gomez is more American, but we don't Count Cotto vs Rocky martinez a true Mexican.

There are also many fights like Wilfredo Vasquez over Raul Perez, and that was for a major title, and i think Vasquez beat another Mexican Orlando Canizales but he may have been born in Texas and not Mexico.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                  The whole thread is never going to be accurate. I mean DLH didn't have mexican citizenship when he fought guys like Camacho, so that is irrelevant. If you go by bloodlines- Duran is half mexican due to his dad. Benitez beat Duran in defending his title.

Many american fighters have mexican and PR heritage, do we count them?

If DLH has kids- would they be counted as Mexican even though their mom is Puerto Rican.

I know there is a site that listed almost every fight between both Mexico and PR and its almost even lifetime.

Are we also going to do another thread Panama vs Mexico? Argentina vs Mexico, Panama vs Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico vs Argentina?

I know there are still plenty more to list in this thread is Rivera vs . Garcia even there? Jose Rivera was born in the US and spend alot of time in PR and beat Alejandro Garcia who was mexican, everyone saw it as a PR vs Mex fight.

Vargas vs Trinidad must be counted. Vargas before the fight made it a PR vs Mexico fight. He said " mexicans were superior", and had worn the Mexican flag.

Margs was born in California, but he lives in Mexico. so we count him. Benitez was born in NY, but lives in PR, so we count them.

How about the guys who haved lived in both places. Juan La Porte defended his featherweight title against Ruben Castillo a Mexican American who often visited Mexico, should we count that?

De La Hoya actually spends more time In Puerto Rico than Mexico. DLH's wife is Puerto Rican.

I think we just include everything, even fighters that just have parents born in PR and Mexico.
                  TERRIFIC POST...

I read through the thread and realized we're only counting championship fights. Wasn't Trinidad/Vargas a unification title fight? Vargas is Mexican, Trinidad is Puerto Rican, the fight oozed rivalry and it meets the requirements. Put that in the list, Puas!

Comment

• We need to expand the lists and include all major fights. Kid Azteca one of the best Mexican fighters had two wins against Cocoa Kid- big fight title or no title

Cintron vs Angulo was a big fight also. I am not sure if we should count half nationalities as someone like Diego Corrales who beat Manfredy, Diego was mixed colombian and mexican i believe.

We need an official count of the entire scorecard of PR vs Mexico.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post

Does Trinidad vs DLH count?
                      Originally posted by M@nny View Post
                      Vargas and DLH don't count.

So the count stands at 12 to 7, Mexico
                      Originally posted by M@nny View Post
                      Luevano is not Mexican, he's American, Chicano.

I included Oscar because he actually holds Mexican citizenship.

Lol @ TS realizing Oscar has more wins than losses against Ricans and deciding to go ahead and iclude him.

Comment

Working...
                      X