No announcement yet.

Mayorga: "No money in a fight with Margarito"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayorga: "No money in a fight with Margarito"

He says that the money he will make fighting Margarito is the equivilant of what a night out for dinner with Don King costs! LOL.

I personally would love to see this fight.

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
    He says that the money he will make fighting Margarito is the equivilant of what a night out for dinner with Don King costs! LOL.

LOL I don't blame him, at this stage of his career Margarito will make Mayorga Prime F Nicaraguan meet if these two were to go at it. I like Mayorga but there is no chance he would take a fight with Tony, Tony called him out years ago and we never heard a peep from Mayorga.

Comment

To be fair there ain't much money in fighting mayorga.

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post

Not saying that they shouldn't fight because I could care less if they did or didn't. But I think there might be some truth to that statement.

Comment

Where is the link for when he said this? If he did then **** that, i'd rather root for Mosley knowing that Mosley would fight Margarito. Mayorga forgets that he was bitching like a baby that he wanted to face Margarito, but as soon as he won a title King got to his ass and forced him to stop talking about Margarito cause even King knew back then that Margarito would kill Mayorga.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
            To be fair there ain't much money in fighting mayorga.
            Mayorga draws more, and puts more asses in seats than a guy like Winky though! He's entertaining, and that's what the casual fans like.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
              Where is the link for when he said this? If he did then **** that, i'd rather root for Mosley knowing that Mosley would fight Margarito. Mayorga forgets that he was bitching like a baby that he wanted to face Margarito, but as soon as he won a title King got to his ass and forced him to stop talking about Margarito cause even King knew back then that Margarito would kill Mayorga.
              http://www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=17304&more=1

Comment

getting a tittle shot is always good
                I dont think he would turn it down
                plus if mayorga beats mosley their would be some money

Comment

If Mayorga knocks Mosely out cold, then a Margarito vs Mayorga fight can be built up to a promising PPV on HBO at 147 (if Ricardo can make the weight). They can build it up by comparing thier victories over Cotto and Shane, respectively. Mayo has to win impressively. If he loses to Shane, then I'm sure we'll see Shane vs Tony in '09, and that would be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Puas View Post
                    If Mayorga knocks Mosely out cold, then a Margarito vs Mayorga fight can be built up to a promising PPV on HBO at 147 (if Ricardo can make the weight). They can build it up by comparing thier victories over Cotto and Shane, respectively. Mayo has to win impressively. If he loses to Shane, then I'm sure we'll see Shane vs Tony in '09, and that would be a great fight.
                    if this fight were to happen Margarito would need to move up

Comment

Working...
                    X