No announcement yet.

Mayorga: "No money in a fight with Margarito"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shalafi View Post
    LOL I don't blame him, at this stage of his career Margarito will make Mayorga Prime F Nicaraguan meet if these two were to go at it. I like Mayorga but there is no chance he would take a fight with Tony, Tony called him out years ago and we never heard a peep from Mayorga.
    You have no idea what your talking about. Margarito was even more of a nobody back then than he is now. It was when Mayorga just beat Forrest, Margarito said something. WHO CARED? Mayorga went on to have the rematch with Forrest for millions of dollars, which was more important? After Mayorga won the 2nd fight he moved on to Spinks to Grab the IBF title, to add the WBC and WBA titles he already had. Which move was right then? By the reasonable time the fight could have been made, Margarito already lost to sorry ass Daniel Santos in his frist HBO fight, when Mayorga was already primetime.

Comment

another coward that ducked the mexican bad ass antonio margarito.

Comment

man i was gonna root for mayorga
        but now i gotta root for mosley
        cant believe mayorga has so much fear in his heart

Comment

Originally posted by ¡VIVA MEXICO! View Post
          another coward that ducked the mexican bad ass antonio margarito.
          Viva, im a fan of Marg myself, but why do u take so much pride in having that pic in your sig, when Margarito was the one who lost that fight? Yes he came on late, but for the first 6-7 rounds, Williams made Marg look like a bobblehead doll.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
            You have no idea what your talking about. Margarito was even more of a nobody back then than he is now. It was when Mayorga just beat Forrest, Margarito said something. WHO CARED? Mayorga went on to have the rematch with Forrest for millions of dollars, which was more important? After Mayorga won the 2nd fight he moved on to Spinks to Grab the IBF title, to add the WBC and WBA titles he already had. Which move was right then? By the reasonable time the fight could have been made, Margarito already lost to sorry ass Daniel Santos in his frist HBO fight, when Mayorga was already primetime.
            ???? Margarito called out Mayorga when he was WBO champ for a unification match, Mayorga never acknowledged or replied to Margarito's challenge. Tony fought Santos when Santos was the WBO 147 champ in '01 and for your information he didn't lose, the fight was stopped on the first round due to the cut, he captured the WBO in 02, get your facts straight.

Comment

Mayorga is making a lousy $550,000 to fight Mosley. He needs to STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by nozorok View Post
                Source? I was wondering what both guys were making for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Shalafi View Post
                  ???? Margarito called out Mayorga when he was WBO champ for a unification match, Mayorga never acknowledged or replied to Margarito's challenge. Tony fought Santos when Santos was the WBO 147 champ in '01 and for your information he didn't lose, the fight was stopped on the first round due to the cut, he captured the WBO in 02, get your facts straight.
                  Get my facts straight? lol

Margarito lost to Daniel Santos on 09-11-2004. lol 2001, Mayorga wasnt even know, didnt have a title or fight in the US.

As for everything else read my post again. Its clear why the fight ever happend.

Comment

Originally posted by nozorok View Post
                    Where you get that? That means Mosley isnt getting much more. Its a 55/45 spilt with GBP getting the 55 and DKP 45.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                      Get my facts straight? lol

Margarito lost to Daniel Santos on 09-11-2004. lol 2001, Mayorga wasnt even know, didnt have a title or fight in the US.

As for everything else read my post again. Its clear why the fight ever happend.
                      You do know that Margarito and Santos fought twice right? the first fight was in '01 at 147 when Santos was the WBO champ, the fight ended as a no-contest in the 1st round, shorty afterwards Santos vacated his WBO title and moved up to 154...Tony won the WBO title a year or so after the first Santos fight. He called Mayorga out to unify belts when Mayorga was already the WBA and WBC champ, but he went and fought Spinks instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X