Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do mayweather fans overrate his win over hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
    So what happened when Marg and Cotto bashed him, and kept his name in thier mouths? That's my question. When Hatton dissed him, its "calling him out", but when Marg and Cotto did, it wasnt? Help me understand?
    cotto never called him out!!!! and lets be real im not stupid and niether are you..margo was a high risk low reward fight..hatton was a risk but a big reward!!!!!!!!!!!! money may has told ya'll boxing is about making the most money you can while taking the least punishment..moral of the story if you call someone out dont be surprised if they answer for big bucks

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Tell that to the welters who had been calling Floyd out earlier and a lot louder.
      tell them to make a name for themselves before calling out the top dog

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
        tell them to make a name for themselves before calling out the top dog
        I see...Margarito losing one fight in 10 years at welter didn't deserve it. But Hatton deserved it by fighting Floyd's washed up leftovers.

Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx View Post
          cotto never called him out!!!! and lets be real im not stupid and niether are you..margo was a high risk low reward fight..hatton was a risk but a big reward!!!!!!!!!!!! money may has told ya'll boxing is about making the most money you can while taking the least punishment..moral of the story if you call someone out dont be surprised if they answer for big bucks
          Some Cotto quotes on Floyd:

-"He always runs from me, makes excuses on why he shouldn’t fight Miguel Cotto. I'm here for the big names. If he doesn't want to fight me than I can do something else."

- "We’re rivals,” Cotto said. “Mayweather is a star of the sport and we’re in the same company. Mayweather was a great champion at 130 and 135. We don’t know about 140. When the company says the time is right to make the fight, I’ll fight him. I think it's a good fight. I know Mayweather's a great fighter. But I know I can beat him."

- Reporter: Do you think Mayweather actually is afraid of you?
          Cotto: I don't know what kind of reason he has for choosing another fighter. If you want to be the best you have to fight the best.
          Reporter: You actually believe you will beat Floyd don't you?
          Cotto: I'm pretty sure of that, because of my training. Because of my - I trust a lot in myself. And I'm always do more than 100% in my training sessions.

Comment

Because Hatton was a 2 weight world champ, undefeated, Top 10 P4P. A good win. Although, I think it would have been a bigger win if the fight was at 140, instead of 147. I think a TKO Victory is pretty impressive anyway.

Comment

I don't act like Collazo is terrible - but would you compare him to Paul Williams?

Exactly.

Was absolutely the wrong fight for Floyd and was ALL about money. Everyone knew that, are you kidding me? But yeah, it was the best fight for Floyd...if he was still at 140.
              Why at 140??? what difference would it have made? Floyd isn't a big welterweight the guy is small for welter. Not to mention Hatton was freaking bigger than Mayweather!!!! Did you not see the weight in?

Comment

Originally posted by AntDawg View Post
                Why at 140??? what difference would it have made? Floyd isn't a big welterweight the guy is small for welter. Not to mention Hatton was freaking bigger than Mayweather!!!! Did you not see the weight in?
                Yeah, I saw the weigh-in...AND?

What the **** does "bigger" mean? Floyd is taller for starters and, I don't know if you saw the fight but he's also stronger.

And the difference at 140 is obvious as Hatton is 0-2 in my book at 147. Obviously he couldn't hack the move up whereas Floyd could.

And what makes Floyd a small welter? Ike Quartey was shorter than he was, as was a lot of strong welters.

Comment

Some Cotto quotes on Floyd:

-"He always runs from me, makes excuses on why he shouldn’t fight Miguel Cotto. I'm here for the big names. If he doesn't want to fight me than I can do something else."

- "We’re rivals,” Cotto said. “Mayweather is a star of the sport and we’re in the same company. Mayweather was a great champion at 130 and 135. We don’t know about 140. When the company says the time is right to make the fight, I’ll fight him. I think it's a good fight. I know Mayweather's a great fighter. But I know I can beat him."

- Reporter: Do you think Mayweather actually is afraid of you?
                  Cotto: I don't know what kind of reason he has for choosing another fighter. If you want to be the best you have to fight the best.
                  Reporter: You actually believe you will beat Floyd don't you?
                  Cotto: I'm pretty sure of that, because of my training. Because of my - I trust a lot in myself. And I'm always do more than 100% in my training sessions.

Given these quotes. If Cotto never called out Floyd, then neither did Hatton.

Comment

I don't act like Collazo is terrible - but would you compare him to Paul Williams?

Exactly.

Was absolutely the wrong fight for Floyd and was ALL about money. Everyone knew that, are you kidding me? But yeah, it was the best fight for Floyd...if he was still at 140.
                    Yeah, I saw the weigh-in...AND?

What the **** does "bigger" mean? Floyd is taller for starters and, I don't know if you saw the fight but he's also stronger.

And the difference at 140 is obvious as Hatton is 0-2 in my book at 147. Obviously he couldn't hack the move up whereas Floyd could.

And what makes Floyd a small welter? Ike Quartey was shorter than he was, as was a lot of strong welters.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your name fits because you must have been dazed for years. Is it height classes now. Like i said earlier in this thread I love when people bring up size about this fight. Floyd is not a welter, he fought at welter and had success at welter but that does not make him a big welter. Why did Hatton's people say we will not fight any welter, except for Floyd. Why does Floyd have to fight guy way bigger then him, would they have been more of a challenge then Hatton sure but that is only due to size.

Comment

Given these quotes. If Cotto never called out Floyd, then neither did Hatton.
                      Words are cheap~

Comment

Working...
                      X