Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye Bails on Kevin Johnson, JD Chapman Now in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Haye as a fighter, I think he's got a lot of ability, great speed and agility, and one of the biggest punches in the division. But like Amir Khan and along with many others, I do worry about his chin (which is one of the reasons I like him - his fights are all the more exciting because of it). I think it's sometimes a job catching him with a decent punch, but Haye's worried that someone will manage it again sooner or later. And so I'd imagine this is less to do with money and more to do with trying to find someone with a record they can sell as respectable to the British media whilst avoiding the big threats until a title/big pay-day comes in to play. Still, I'm willing to wait as I'd really like to see him in with Peter or Wlad - I wont predict the outcome but it'd be an exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ListenUpWell View Post
      I like Haye as a fighter, I think he's got a lot of ability, great speed and agility, and one of the biggest punches in the division. But like Amir Khan and along with many others, I do worry about his chin (which is one of the reasons I like him - his fights are all the more exciting because of it). I think it's sometimes a job catching him with a decent punch, but Haye's worried that someone will manage it again sooner or later. And so I'd imagine this is less to do with money and more to do with trying to find someone with a record they can sell as respectable to the British media whilst avoiding the big threats until a title/big pay-day comes in to play. Still, I'm willing to wait as I'd really like to see him in with Peter or Wlad - I wont predict the outcome but it'd be an exciting fight.
      isnt he fighting chambers now?

Comment

I thought we had an opponent then, dissapointed. Hurry up and announce one Haye!

Comment

Kevin Johnson was a good choice for an opponent - no power, but decent boxing skills.

JD Chapman is a tomato can with a padded record, similar to Roman Greenberg and Tomasz Bonin.

Haye deserves no respect if he chooses Chapman.

Comment

Haye vs. Chapman was just announced.

Comment

Meh, still not too bad I guess. The guy is undefeated and has a good KO record (Don't talk about resumes...take a look at Bredis Prescott ). It's his first fight, so as long as he fights a relativly live fighter i'm cool. After that however, I will be much more critical of his oppenent.

Comment

JD Chapman = Tomasz Bonin

He has a padded record, similar to Roman Greenberg. He will be an easy KO for Haye.

Johnson or Chambers would have been decent opponents. So would Barrett, Thompson.

Even a decent journeyman like Ahunyana or T. Ibragimov would have been better than Chapman.

Comment

You have to realise it isn't possible to get most bigger names heavyweights to fight Haye in the UK because the word is they want way too much money.

Comment

Johnson would of been a decent test.

why would he bail out ? especially to then set up a fight with Chapman ??? who then bailed out.

He should of stayed with Kevin Johnson.

Comment

While I applauded Haye for looking for a top 10 heavyweight, this is getting ridiculous. He is just showing us how stupid his team is. Granted he is keeping his name out there, but the quality of his choice of opponent has constantly declined. Since no one will take the short money to fight him, he will be called "The Most Feared Man" shortly. What a clown. He will be exposed within 3 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X