Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Corrales Doesn't Spit out the mouth piece, does he still win the castillo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Corrales Doesn't Spit out the mouth piece, does he still win the castillo fight?

So was that smart for him to do that? He knew he would lose a point, but after the second knock down he was pretty much helpless on the cards. Do you think corrales gets stopped if he doesn't spit out the mouth piece and get the extra time? I think he get stopped. Rip it's sad watching his fights. I just watched the tenth round of the first castillo fight about 10 times.

Yes he would have got swarmed by jose right away and he would have got koed!!

Comment

Probably... one thing about Corrales. Even though he kept going down, he never really appeared to be hurt to the point that he was not going to get up. He honestly did look okay to me after both knockdowns.

Comment

Its debatable. On 1 hand Corales spitting out the mouthpiece was more a case of him being tired than hurt. But on the other hand Castillo got too laxed thinking he had the fight bagged either way and stuck his chin in the air

Comment

I don't think so, spitting out the mouthpiece gave him valuable seconds to recover his senses, I don't think he would have won without those seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            Its debatable. On 1 hand Corales spitting out the mouthpiece was more a case of him being tired than hurt. But on the other hand Castillo got too laxed thinking he had the fight bagged either way and stuck his chin in the air

totally agree.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
              Probably... one thing about Corrales. Even though he kept going down, he never really appeared to be hurt to the point that he was not going to get up. He honestly did look okay to me after both knockdowns.
              yeah he looked ok but he had absolutely no legs! I don't think he survives there was like almost 2 minutes left after the second kd.

Comment

Yeah, he was going to get knocked out or stopped if he did not do that. It upsets me that people call that a great comeback. Had he not spit his mouthpiece out and got so much time to recover he would have been out. I still consider that fight a Castillo win, should have been his.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevbutler View Post
                  Yeah, he was going to get knocked out or stopped if he did not do that. It upsets me that people call that a great comeback. Had he not spit his mouthpiece out and got so much time to recover he would have been out. I still consider that fight a Castillo win, should have been his.
                  Agreed except for considering it a Castillo win. Corrales likely would have been stopped via TKO. At the very least more knockdowns would have followed similar to the Mayweather fight, since his legs were gone.

Comment

Originally posted by -ROGELIO- View Post
                    So was that smart for him to do that? He knew he would lose a point, but after the second knock down he was pretty much helpless on the cards. Do you think corrales gets stopped if he doesn't spit out the mouth piece and get the extra time? I think he get stopped. Rip it's sad watching his fights. I just watched the tenth round of the first castillo fight about 10 times.
                    Not sure if he would have still won but you gotta admit...smart move my Chico eh?

Comment

Working...
                    X