Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Corrales Doesn't Spit out the mouth piece, does he still win the castillo fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevbutler View Post
    Yeah, he was going to get knocked out or stopped if he did not do that. It upsets me that people call that a great comeback. Had he not spit his mouthpiece out and got so much time to recover he would have been out. I still consider that fight a Castillo win, should have been his.
    Don't care what anyone says. JLC and Chico I'm a fan of both and respect them but you gotta admit that was a good come back. It was a REALLY smart move by Chico and I rate it

THE BEST COMEBACK IN BOXING

Comment

It was unfair, the guy was a punch away to be kayoed, he cheated, twice, got extra time to recover himself to caught the confident-of-the-win Castillo, nailed him with some shots.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
        Not sure if he would have still won but you gotta admit...smart move my Chico eh?
        It was a smart move, but it diminishes its status in my mind. It's certainly overrated in my opinion. Williams-Potter is the best and most unique comeback I can recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
          It was a smart move, but it diminishes its status in my mind. It's certainly overrated in my opinion. Williams-Potter is the best and most unique comeback I can recall.
          Every fighter bends the rules a lil bit. I don't see how anyone would go against it...he fairly faced the consequences of dropping the mouth piece. In my opinion, in the near future when people watch that fight they'll say "What a GREAT comeback". As for Williams and Potter I really don't know who those fighters are. So help me out here

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
            Every fighter bends the rules a lil bit. I don't see how anyone would go against it...he fairly faced the consequences of dropping the mouth piece. In my opinion, in the near future when people watch that fight they'll say "What a GREAT comeback". As for Williams and Potter I really don't know who those fighters are. So help me out here
            It was a fight for the Commonwealth heavyweight championship if I recall. Danny Williams visibly dislocated his right arm (his power hand) and continued to fight on one-handed, managing to stop Potter by TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
              It was a fight for the Commonwealth heavyweight championship if I recall. Danny Williams visibly dislocated his right arm (his power hand) and continued to fight on one-handed, managing to stop Potter by TKO.
              Yes Danny I do know. I got confused. That I'll check out

Comment

Corrales blatantly cheated to buy extra seconds which enabled him to mount a comeback. He was absolutely done after that first knockdown. That's why my solution to this problem is that if a boxer deliberately spits out his mouthpiece to buy extra time the ref simply keeps counting until it is back in his mouth and he is ready to fight.

Comment

rip chico... we as fan will alway remeber you champ..

Comment

Corrales cheated by spitting his mouth piece out, its a ***** move to get more air into his body. So Corrales got a breather Casillo didn't, its not fair... He cheated and thats the only reason he won. Still a great fight though.

Comment

It's somewhat offensive to say that it was a smart move. It was cheating. If it's a smart move then so is taking steroids, bribing officials, or deliberately handballing to score a goal

Comment

Working...
                      X