Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali or Louis who was the greatest Heavy Weight of all time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali or Louis who was the greatest Heavy Weight of all time??

Anyone have their pick and please state your reason why you chose who you did........Lefty
    Ali was the Greatest Of All time
    65.71%
    Joe Louis was the greatest of All Time
    25.71%
    I pick niehter one of them(please write your answer in you post)
    8.57%

The poll is expired.

Joe might have a slight edge in accomplishments but if these 2 were to face each other prime, i'd go w/ ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogler View Post
      Joe might have a slight edge in accomplishments but if these 2 were to face each other prime, i'd go w/ ali.
      What he said

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by luckylefty731 View Post
          Anyone have their pick and please state your reason why you chose who you did........Lefty

Joe Louis. 1 belt, 25 consecutive defenses. Anyone who chooses Ali, I can respect that opinion, but for my money Joe Louis was the greatest heavyweight who ever lived.

Comment

I personally believe Louis had to overcome much more things in his quest to become a champ. I don't think it is fair to compare them if they fought. I think Ali would win, but my criteria is more than a "what if" fight. I think he had a greater impression on the boxing landscape and opened more doors for everyone. Ali is the more popular fighter, but when it comes to in ring accomplishments I think Louis is better. He had an unbelievable run as champ that I rate higher than Ali and his very amazing victories.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Joe Louis. 1 belt, 25 consecutive defenses. Anyone who chooses Ali, I can respect that opinion, but for my money Joe Louis was the greatest heavyweight who ever lived.
              I agree with your post... It is a shame in my opinion that he along with other fighters are overlooked by the masses due to Ali's popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post
                I agree with your post... It is a shame in my opinion that he along with other fighters are overlooked by the masses due to Ali's popularity.
                Very true. Ali was great, but his charisma and personality put him over the top in many peoples opinions. I also agree with you about how much Louis did for boxing, and black boxers in particular. Jackie Robinson gets credit for breaking the color barrier in baseball. What many don't know is that Joe Louis made this possible when they were both in the army together. Louis knocked down walls in the army when it came to equality for blacks, and helped Robinson out personaly. Joe Louis was a great man.

Comment

Ali didn't have charisma he was a loud annoying son of a *****. Joe was a better person and much better fighter. If he ran his mouth like Ali he would of been more popular. But he got it done better then any other heavy ever in the ring

Comment

Joe Louis. why? accomplishments and impact.
                    IMO Louis had more of an impact then Ali.

Comment

Working...
                    X