Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito Knocks Out Miguel Cotto in a Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first of all i gotta say Margarito eres mi heroe man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! second man i told you guys margarito would knock him out. You guys can say all you want about margarito but the guy does not stop coming at all he is relentless and has the heart that very few others have. cotto was landing the cleaner shots but margarito with all his body shots he was slowing cotto down to finish him off the late rounds like i said he would. it doesnt matter who lands the cleaner shots if he isnt hurting his opponent while the other fights is pressuring you and slowing you down every round which Cotto not once did he hurt margarito despite a lot of good shots. which is why i had margarito winning the fight 6-4 going into the 11th rd. Damn Margarito pinche compa representates a todos nosotros los mexicanos como se debe hacer compa hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DoomCity202 View Post
      Im not a Floyd fan but disagree.

75% of those shots would be wasted against PBF.
      First of all you are lying because it's obvious your a fan of Mayweather. Second Mayweather lost (I dont care what the scorecard says) to Castillo a smaller version of Margarito so logic says he get stopped by the Tijuana badass.

Comment

• It seemed like when Margo started to attack the body it was all over.
        Last edited by cybertiledude; 07-27-2008, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• again, Margarito is TOUGH. this surprises me somewhat, I picked Margarito to win by late TKO, but deep down I knew it was a pick-em fight. Margarito is a machine man. He will finally get the props he deserves.

Comment

• Cong**** to margarito. I've been rooting for him my whole life but I honestly didn't expect him to win. Viva margarito y viva mexico!

Comment

• sorry to say but all of you margarito fans were right. I thought cotto was so much a better boxer with power that margarito had to stop him with a lucky shot. I've seen margarito fight 4 times and I just thought that his chin just hadn't really been tested. but damn he was eating knock out shots, clean punches that at most just stop his progress or caused him to step back. its hard to see how anyone can beat him now but paul williams. unless all those punches did damage we couldn't see and they change him, or soften him somehow. And they way he's fighting now watch out paul. I would rather see margarito fight de la but heel probably just fight manny now. anyways congratulations to margarito and all his fans

Comment

• Margarito was just too big.. nothing more

Margarito's skill did not win the fight... Cotto outboxed Margarito all night.. Margarito was just too big .. Cotto's punches had no affect on him. Anytime a fighter can walk thru hooks to the head its going to be a long night.

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                Told you guys.

Margarito uppercuts.

Comment

• It wasnt Margarito's skill that won the fight.. it was that Cotto could not hurt him. Cotto was hitting Margarito at will but his punches had no affect on Margarito. Cotto did what he wanted too against Margarito he just couldnt hurt him and slow Margarito down.
                  Originally posted by cybertiledude View Post
                  It seemed like when Margo started to attack the body it was all over.

Comment

• The only thing you didnt predict correctly is that Cotto's punches would have no affect on Margarito. Cotto outboxed Margarito all night.. he just couldnt hurt him.
                    Originally posted by Mr. 5minutes View Post
                    sorry to say but all of you margarito fans were right. I thought cotto was so much a better boxer with power that margarito had to stop him with a lucky shot. I've seen margarito fight 4 times and I just thought that his chin just hadn't really been tested. but damn he was eating knock out shots, clean punches that at most just stop his progress or caused him to step back. its hard to see how anyone can beat him now but paul williams. unless all those punches did damage we couldn't see and they change him, or soften him somehow. And they way he's fighting now watch out paul. I would rather see margarito fight de la but heel probably just fight manny now. anyways congratulations to margarito and all his fans

Comment

• Its not his heart its his chin.. Margarito is an oversized welterweight with a GREAT chin.. thats why he can keep coming. He has a big ass head. If you can take hooks to the head than of course you can keep coming all night.
                      Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
                      first of all i gotta say Margarito eres mi heroe man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! second man i told you guys margarito would knock him out. You guys can say all you want about margarito but the guy does not stop coming at all he is relentless and has the heart that very few others have. cotto was landing the cleaner shots but margarito with all his body shots he was slowing cotto down to finish him off the late rounds like i said he would. it doesnt matter who lands the cleaner shots if he isnt hurting his opponent while the other fights is pressuring you and slowing you down every round which Cotto not once did he hurt margarito despite a lot of good shots. which is why i had margarito winning the fight 6-4 going into the 11th rd. Damn Margarito pinche compa representates a todos nosotros los mexicanos como se debe hacer compa hahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X