Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antonio Margarito Knocks Out Miguel Cotto in a Classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kermit Cintron himself called it, He said "Margarito's pressure would be too much for him to handle,I know I've been in there with him"

Comment

Today Margarito showed the heart of a Champion....

MARGARITO BROKE COTTO DOWN..!!

Comment

What a great, great fight. As brutal and exciting as anything I have seen in awhile. Margarito is a hard mother****er. Cotto hit him with unbelievable shots and he took them. That was an excellent display of boxing/punching by Cotto and an even more impressive display of durability and determination by Margarito.

Both of these guys fought their ****in asses off, Cotto just couldn't hurt him. It was that simple. He doesn't have the make up to dance away all night and survive, he doesn't have the durability to withstand the power punching Margarito brought, he lost. Sad to see him take an L, but it wasn't for nothing. Margarito deserves all of the credit in the world for standing up to that assault Cotto poured on him. Jabs, left hooks, straight rights, uppercuts...Cotto let it all air out and just couldn't break Margarito.

That was everything I was hoping for outside of the result of the fight. Another Mexico/Puerto Rico classic!

Comment

Originally posted by marsman View Post
          Quite Honestly the reason Cotto lost is because he couldn't sustain what he was doing...Margarito wanted it more, was in better shape IMO and more persistent. Miguel outboxed him clearly, but he took more punishment and was overwhelmed, by the end of the fight i think he was broken. With all that blood on his face , he looked like Zab Judah after their bout... I think Paulie Malignaggi took his beating better, I dont think Cotto will ever be the same.Good effort by Cotto, great win for Margarito. Classic night of Boxing ya'll. One
          The loss was brutal. His face at the end of it told a story. However, in the fight, he was hitting and moving regularly to make sure he stayed in the fight. In the end, I think he ran out of steam and just broke down under the constant pressure. Tony was chasing him around the ring and just kept coming at him. He had Cotto shaken a few times before the finish, once at the end of 10th round, when the bell saved Cotto BUT I can't remember Tony ever being shaken. He was caught but not shaken.

Comment

tony

marg is the mann like i always said he was and like everybody said he wasnt. and what?

Comment

Margarito is a MACHINE. He's developped a lethal formula that seems unstoppable. He can forget about DLH though, Golden Boy is not stepping in the ring with him. Great action, great drama, awesome to see the plot unfold.

Lampley wanted to cry.

What's up with 100 threads popping up. Geez, just post it all in one thread.

Comment

Viva Mexico!

Wow, what a fight. Cotto tried to hurt Margarito and emptied his gas tank. Hit him with vicious shot. Rapped the sucker but heck, what can you say, the guy never stopped moving forward. Amazing fight. Undercard was pretty good too. I loved it when in the interview called out De La Hoya took keep his word and give the Mexicanos an epic war....LOL Oscar will never accept this fight. i would not either. make millions fighting a midget and not getting hurt in the process. What about Floyd? Ya want some? Never! he will stay retired. But here lies the problem. Who will he fight. Paul Williams again? That's the only guy who will accept a fight. He'll have to go up in weight. Shane won't dance with this guy, Forget aout Zab, that would hurt so much! I'd love to see Cory Spinks...that ****er would run out of the ring after one uppercut...LOL
                This thin Giant has to be considered a pound 4 pound. Takes five shots to get in two. Imagine if he would jab.
                Viva Mexico!

Comment

A fight that brought out the best in both men.

This was the first time Cotto was taken into the dark places, he never had to face that before, you can't blame him for taking a knee. Cotto threw everything he had at Margarito, his entire arsenal, and when the man is still standing there in front of you, that is when the mental game comes into play. Cotto will be a stronger fighter in the future if he learns from the loss. Margarito was relentless.

Tonight, we saw boxing at its best.

Tonight, I get hammered on Tecate and Corona.

Comment

Good Fight

Cong**** to Margarito. It was a good fight.:

Comment

• First off, what an unbelievable fight. It would take a classic to contest Vazquez/Marquez III for FOTY and this sure as hell was one.

I had Cotto up 7 rounds to 3 going into the 11th. And I know that doesn't reflect the direction of the fight, but Cotto won the first five rounds in my book.

Margarito has some effing chin on him. He shouldn't even play around with welterweights anymore. He could easily succeed in higher weight classes.

What did Cotto in fighting on the ropes the entire time was his downfall. He let Margarito bust him up and break him down. Terrible mistake.

Comment

Working...
                      X