No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Takes a Shot at Pacquiao, Boxing's Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockStar45 View Post
    Deep down, Mayweather is a Pacquiao fan. I still remember when Pacquiao knocked out Morales in their second fight and Mayweather jumped on his seat and started celebrating like he won the World Series. Mayweather loves Pacquiao.
    I remember that. He was yelling, jumping, moving around too much. If I was sitting behind him, i woulda told him to STFU then run and hide.

That was the 2nd Pac vs Morales fight, was he Top Rank then? I meant Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
      he's also kinda douche

He keeps talking like he proved himself in boxing. He rarely ever beat the best fighter in the division he was in. he did it a few times... and u call urself the greatest?

He is a bigger and bigger joke each day that passes
      I think being a champion.... well more better, A WORLD CHAMPION has shown if someone has proved himself in boxing. I don't even need to really add being a multi-division world champion and p4p #1.

What you said made you sound like a casual fan in which I know you're not.

Comment

• This is such old information that you shouldn't be wasting our time posting it on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
          With all due respects to you...it isn't by accident that many people feel about Mayweather. He has ducked opponents while his style doesn't bode well for a convincing fighter. (I love Ali's style by the way, Sugar Ray and Mayweather's)

But in all fairness, he hasn't faced a legitimate fighter also aside from Baldomir, DLH and Hatton and Pacquiao has answered every fighter one at a time.
          I get tired of seeing this same tired argument from people who know nothing about Mayweather's career, but feel they have the right to criticize him based on very limited knowledge. You said Mayweather hasn't faced a "legitimate fighter" aside from Baldomir, DLH and Hatton. The reason you feel that way is because you have only been following boxing for two years. Mayweather has fought and beaten a number of very highly regarded "legitimate fighters" who were current or future world champions, including Genaro Hernandez, Diego Corrales, Jesus Chavez, Carlos Hernandez, Jose Luis Castille twice (in his prime) and Arturo Gatti. He has beaten six people considered the linear champions in their division, including Genaro Hernandez, Corrales, Castille, Hatton, Baldomir and De La Hoya. Also, what you obviously don't know or don't care about is that Mayweather tried to secure a fight against Cotto when both were at 140 for two years, but Arum refused to put Cotto in the ring with him. He also tried to get a fight against Hatton at 140, but Hatton's promoter refused also.

You said Pacquaio "has answered every fighter one at a time." Cotto was considered the second best at 147 and David Diaz was considered the fourth best at 135 when Pacquaio beat them. Also, Hatton, arguably wasn't the best at 140 when Pac beat him (it was and is Timothy Bradley). So, how can you say he has "answered every fighter one at a time" when he has not beaten the best in any of the last three weight classes at which he has fought. If an objective person compared them side by side, Mayweather's resume is significantly better than Pacquaio's in spite of the opinions of you and others on this site.

Comment

• Everyone's calling Mayweather a "chicken", a "ducker", even "jealous" of Pac.
            Seriously, jealously? I think not.

Greed? Maybe so.

IMO it's a person (Mayweather) going to make a point.... and make a large some of money doing. Its only smart business.

Mayweather planned this. Do people not see the whole purpose of his return? Especially once he fought JMM? That was the (hint hint look what I'm about to do) spoiler alert by Mayweather.

What will EVERYONE say IF Mayweather displays that he IS the technically better, smarter and possibly faster guy at 147? Did Mayweather beat a GREAT or did Mayweather beat a bum (now that its AFTER the fact)? Will Pac STILL be a GREAT??? Or will pride and hate towards Mayweather get in the way??????

Are people going to hate Pac for losing to Mayweather?

Are people going to hate Mayweather MORE if he wins?

Are people going to write off Pac like all of Mayweather's opponents because they lost to the BETTER man too?

It will be interesting, especially who the the favorite will be. I hope its Pac-Man.

Comment

Working...
            X