No announcement yet.

Pacquiao will be remembered as a greater fighter than Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
    i would say when it comes down to skill and accomplishement yeah mayweather has it. but if you grading based on excitement, heart, and will i would have to say pac man. he may not bring as much dollars as floyd but ive found his fights much more exciting than floyds. and the fact that he has never backed away from a challenge helps alot too. i mean he just said hell fight marquez again even though he gave him a tough fight. thats the attitude of a true warrior of the sport.
    4 lineal titles. GTFOH.

floyd has better skills than pac. but pac is more accomplished

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
      No, his first pro fight was at strawweight (106).

This thread has a lot of replies and posts, so it's no joke.

Pacquiao > Mayweather.
      Pacquiao could be considered as a higher ATG than Mayweather now, but if Mayweather beats him it proves differently IMO. Fight has to happen, great win on Saturday but we all gotta be fair and say he would find Mayweather A LOT harder to hit than Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
        Pacquiao could be considered as a higher ATG than Mayweather now, but if Mayweather beats him it proves differently IMO. Fight has to happen, great win on Saturday but we all gotta be fair and say he would find Mayweather A LOT harder to hit than Pacquiao.
        not really sure about that ...

look at SRL, Hearns, Hagler and Duran, although Roberto was the first man and only fighter to beat PRIME SRL he lost to all three of them...

but his accomplishments ranked him higher ATG than the other 3 greats...

Comment

• Its just way to soon to figure that out... they both have 6-7 years of good fighting in them....

Comment

• Originally posted by silencers View Post
            i think mayweather will be remembered as the better skilled fighter, as far as accomplishments go, we'll have to wait and see what both of them will do in the future.
            cosign......................

Comment

• I cant see how its even possible to think about it... they are both far from done...

I see many more chapters in both of their careers.. wins and possibly losses for both..

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                I think Mayweather will be remembered as the better skilled fighter, as far as accomplishments go, we'll have to wait and see what both of them will do in the future.
                cosign............

Comment

• pacquiao is greater DAMN.
                  BUT
                  mayweather is more skillful

pacquiao vs mayweather is coming!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Migs View Post
                    As much as I like Mayweather I kinda have to agree with this statement. However, Mayweather is clearly the more skilled fighter and historically will be remembered for that over Pacquiao.
                    Floyd will be remembered as the greatest fighter who ever lived... simply on the basis of SKILLS.

He doesn't have to fight Manny or any top fighter. NO fighter is worthy to even stand in the ring with him.

He is up there with Pauli Malignaggi and Ricardo Williams.

Comment

• Greatness should be measured based on the achievements of the greatest of all-time. Since Ali has been regarded as the greatest in boxing history (or at least had better marketing than SRR), we should compare both PBF and Pacman to him instead of comparing them with each other.

Ali was a skillfull boxer who has never ducked anyone (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong). Floyd is one heck of a skilled boxer but never really took serious risks (except maybe for the Castillo bout). Pacquiao on the other hand is LESS skilled (for haters, that does not mean 'no skills') than Mayweather but never backed out from anyone.

Basing on that, who would you think will have a greater legacy when they hang up their gloves? The man who had mad skills but cherry-picked his fights into a perfect record? Or the man who had good boxing skills, never ducked anyone, and still won 90% of his fights?

Manny Pacquiao > Floyd Mayweather Jr. as of May 4 @ 2312, Manila time.

Comment

Working...
                      X