No announcement yet.

Cotto signed the contract knowing that a loss could jeopardize a fight with DLH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
    Was Cotto suppose to fight Oscar down the line or something?
    Oscar said that after Mayweather, he wants Cotto. Now, whether you believe him or not, if you're the Cotto camp, you want to make sure if it IS a possibility, you will be able to do it. A loss to Margarito would stump that.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Say what you will about Cotto, but you cant deny that shows some metal. if you do, yous just a hater.
      Cotto signed the fight because he is supposed to fight Margarito. lol damn you are doing some slurping lately.

Comment

Oscar said that after Mayweather, he wants Cotto. Now, whether you believe him or not, if you're the Cotto camp, you want to make sure if it IS a possibility, you will be able to do it. A loss to Margarito would stump that.

But wasnt he suppose to fight Margarito though? I mean He alway fight whatever is put in front of him doesnt he?

Comment

can you show me any articles or interviews where Floyd was explaining what Hatton to do to earn a shot at him? If i remember correctly, that fight wasnt even a thought untill Hatton called him out and Floyd realized the profit potential.

it is my understanding that DLH and Hatton were fights that Floyd actively pursued or agreed to with no problem.
          Exactly. Floyd never explained anything, but Ricky beat two real legendary names, one who many think beat Floyd and another who many think could have, and ****, after Castillo the fight got made like that. If Ricky hadn't then the fight wouldn't have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Cotto signed the fight because he is supposed to fight Margarito. lol damn you are doing some slurping lately.
            ^^^^^

Cotto hater. Floyd lover. people pull out of fights all the time. I guarantee if Oscar was like, "Oye Cotto, lets fight", Cotto would had been like PEACE to Margo. Skills just cant stand when Mayweather isnt getting all the attention. This wasnt even a Mayweather thread and this fool still felt the need to disrespect me.

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
              Exactly. Floyd never explained anything, but Ricky beat two real legendary names, one who many think beat Floyd and another who many think could have, and ****, after Castillo the fight got made like that. If Ricky hadn't then the fight wouldn't have happened.

Trust me Mayweather only fought Hatton because of his English fans base...And the fact that it would be an easy fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
                but you said that Floyd made ricky go through all of that as if Hatton had been calling Floyd out for years and Floyd kept saying he wasn't good enough. That wasn't the case. Floyd didnt fight Ricky because of what he accomplished, but because of the amount of finance he was capable of producing. Get real here. And the many wasnt the majority by the way. Majority equates significance.

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post

Trust me Mayweather only fought Hatton because of his English fans base...And the fact that it would be an easy fight for him.
                  Thank you.

Comment

yeah.i don't care for an oscar fight.only if it ends up a draw vs floyd which i doubt.

Comment

2501...If Oscar said Cotto lets do it ofcourse Cotto would ditch Margarito, Why did you think it took Cotto abit long to sign to fight Margarito? He knows he needs to see if other attractive fights comes up or are around the corner.
                      Last edited by Ray*; 05-17-2008, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X