No announcement yet.

Margarito has been knocked down 3 times in his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Margarito has been knocked down 3 times in his career

For those of you who keep going back to Cotto getting hurt against Torres and Corley or getting rocked by Zab Judah....as a way to explain a victory for Margarito.

It has been reported that Margarito suffered knockdown's against 3 different fighters:

Danny Perez (a guy Daniel Santos tko'd in 7) , Miguel Gonzalez (Tijuana defeated him by Split decision) and most importantly Juan Soberanes by a body shot.(Imagine if Cotto puts some of those bodyshots on him.) Margarito defeated all those guys by decision. Cotto knocked his guys out.

Just something to consider.
    Last edited by Vladimir303; 05-16-2008, 01:57 AM.

Originally posted by vladimir303 View Post
    For those of you who keep going back to Cotto getting hurt against Torres and Corley or getting rocked by Zab Judah....as a way to explain a victory for Margarito.

It has been reported that Margarito suffered knockdown's against 3 different fighters:

Danny Perez (a guy Daniel Santos tko'd in 7) , Miguel Gonzalez (defeated him by Split decision) and most importantly Juan Soberanes by a body shot.(Imagine if Cotto puts some of those bodyshots on him.) Margarito defeated all those guys by decision. Cotto knocked his guys out.

Just something to consider.
    Thats what I have been saying. People talk about Margarito like he is Iron man or something like that. But he has been down 3 times, and that KD against Soberanes, that body shot, really hurted Margarito. Imagine what Cotto can do to him, if Cotto attack that body with hard combinations?

Comment

This is a very good point. I didn't know he got knocked 2 other times, but I do remember hearing about a body shot knockdown. He was able to get up from these of course but still lost one of the fights. People put way to much on margarito because of what he did to cintron, specifically people on this board only. But I still wouldnt count margairto out, still I think Cotto will beat him. Probably by decision, but maybe by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
        Thats what I have been saying. People talk about Margarito like he is Iron man or something like that. But he has been down 3 times, and that KD against Soberanes, that body shot, really hurted Margarito. Imagine what Cotto can do to him, if Cotto attack that body with hard combinations?
        Yes I can imagine.

But I can't imagine Cotto knocking out Floyd in 10 as your signature suggests.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir303 View Post
          Yes I can imagine.

But I can't imagine Cotto knocking out Floyd in 10 as your signature suggests.
          JMHO. i think if Cotto can put half of the Presure, Castillo put on Floyd, he can. I think Cotto is storng enough to KO Floyd.The only way Floy doesnt get Ko is if he do the same running that Oscar did against Trinidad.This time he cant the or fight the same way he did with Castillo or Hatton,Cotto is too strong.

Comment

JMHO. i think if Cotto can put half of the Presure, Castillo put on Floyd, he can. I think Cotto is storng enough to KO Floyd.The only way Floy doesnt get Ko is if he do the same running that Oscar did against Trinidad.This time he cant the or fight the same way he did with Castillo or Hatton,Cotto is too strong.
            Like Floyd said "If Oscar could run like me, he would have beaten Felix Trinidad."

Cotto is not the same type of pressure fighter Hatton or Castillo were.

He is methodical and breaks you down with accurate, well timed shots.

He is not an actual pressure fighter. With Floyd's defense, no way Cotto ko's him.

I can see Floyd knocking Cotto down more then the other way around.

Comment

well margaritos a bum what do you expect?

Comment

Yeah, it really HURTED him...........LMAO

Comment

Yeah, it really HURTED him...........LMAO
                  He's probably puerto rican. "dat margarito I never likeded him"

Comment

I did not know that. Maybe Cotto has got a good chance of stopping him...

Comment

Working...
                    X