Carl Froch has turned up the heat in his quest for a WBC super-middleweight title shot by insisting he doesn't mind who he fights as long as he is granted a shot at the gold.
The Nottingham fighter took out his frustrations on late substitute Albert Rybacki with a one-sided fourth round stoppage at the Nottingham Arena on Saturday night.
Froch was quickly into his stride against the previously unbeaten Pole, who had stepped in at two days notice following the withdrawals of Denis Inkin and Rubin Williams.
Unbeaten run
'The Cobra' dominated the fight from start to finish and gave referee John Keane no option but to stop the fight as he extended his unbeaten run to 23 fights.
Froch said: "It's been a nightmare for me mentally but I've come through it and now I'm in exactly the same position as I would have been, which is the mandatory challenger for the WBC title."
With Joe Calzaghe certain to vacate, Froch could find himself standing toe-to-toe against the likes of former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor or the winner of the imminent clash between Fulgencio Zuniga and Jean Pascal for the vacant crown.
Froch added: "Now it's all about keeping the momentum going because it's been frustrating having to hang around for six months. I don't care who I fight as long as I get my shot at the world title."
The Nottingham fighter took out his frustrations on late substitute Albert Rybacki with a one-sided fourth round stoppage at the Nottingham Arena on Saturday night.
Froch was quickly into his stride against the previously unbeaten Pole, who had stepped in at two days notice following the withdrawals of Denis Inkin and Rubin Williams.
Unbeaten run
'The Cobra' dominated the fight from start to finish and gave referee John Keane no option but to stop the fight as he extended his unbeaten run to 23 fights.
Froch said: "It's been a nightmare for me mentally but I've come through it and now I'm in exactly the same position as I would have been, which is the mandatory challenger for the WBC title."
With Joe Calzaghe certain to vacate, Froch could find himself standing toe-to-toe against the likes of former middleweight champion Jermain Taylor or the winner of the imminent clash between Fulgencio Zuniga and Jean Pascal for the vacant crown.
Froch added: "Now it's all about keeping the momentum going because it's been frustrating having to hang around for six months. I don't care who I fight as long as I get my shot at the world title."
Comment