No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
    You see that thread I made about ESPN and ESPN deportes getting an average 4 million viewers every Friday this year?? Pretty awesome.
    I actually missed it, but Ill look it up. actually nevermind since the post is right above mine.

people dont seem to know how important just being on regular television is. I remember seeing the viewers for Calzaghe vs. Kessler, and it got beaten in view ratings by a lower class amateur boxing show on Fox or something.

Comment

• Damn, I forgot about that Delvin-Diaz fight, the one where Diaz got hurt. That noise that Diaz made in the corner between the 10th and 11th round....

Comment

• Yea even though ESPN pays very little for fights, it makes sence to fight on that network for short money for the exposure. It is like an investment, it might not be huge money right now but down the road fighting on ESPN pays off because more people will know the fighters.

Comment

• Alvarez has sneaky long arms, havent seen him come out like this before.

Comment

• Wow, I have never seen Shammone fight like this. I wish he fought like this against Clottey would have made for much better fight.

Comment

• Damn Delvin already got rocked, he has a pretty weak chin. Shamone can't crack for ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Wow, I have never seen Shammone fight like this. I wish he fought like this against Clottey would have made for much better fight.
                God was that fight boring, I was at the hardrock that night and almost nothing happened.

Comment

• I was not to optimistic about this fight, but this fight might actually turn out to be pretty good.

Comment

• geez, Alvarez looks like a completely different fighter from the last time I saw him. about 10 times more aggressive.

Comment

• It's easy to be aggressive against a guy like Rodriguez. He's not much.

Comment

Working...
                      X