Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Comeback Performance For Peterson! I know people wrote him off after the Testosterone stuff but he is still a factor and a threat at 140
    Last edited by sicko; 02-22-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Hopefully it happens, one of the best match-ups in boxing right now.

You know this makes too much sense to actually happen.
      I sitll think Rios/Matthysse is the best fight for the Division.

Because of Petersons style eh can make fireworks with anyone, but Rios/Matthysse is the fight I'd like to see.

Petersons performance against Ortiz also showed that Peterson will likely change gears and box outside if he isn't the stronger inside fighter. I'd expect him to counter more instead of engaging against both Bam Bam and Matthysse. They wouldn't be the action packed fight we think they'd be, just based on his gear change with Ortiz. He seems to respond like that against Power.

Comment

Hopefully it happens, one of the best match-ups in boxing right now.

You know this makes too much sense to actually happen.

I wouldn't mind the winner of that tournament getting a Mayweather fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Peterson's inside fighting is a nightmare for Garcia. He'd be lost when Peterson got inside, and he'd get beat up.
          I don't know about that,both Garcia and Peterson both have very good timing..Both have decent power,Peterson a better boxer..But Garcia also goes to that body bro..I think Garcia get's slept on a bit here,I don't know how I would pick that fight..But honestly I don't believe Peterson get's beat up...

Comment

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            I sitll think Rios/Matthysse is the best fight for the Division.

Because of Petersons style eh can make fireworks with anyone, but Rios/Matthysse is the fight I'd like to see.

Petersons performance against Ortiz also showed that Peterson will likely change gears and box outside if he isn't the stronger inside fighter. I'd expect him to counter more instead of engaging against both Bam Bam and Matthysse. They wouldn't be the action packed fight we think they'd be, just based on his gear change with Ortiz. He seems to respond like that against Power.
            It's crazy how many entertaining match-ups can be made @140.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
              Khan vs. Garcia 2
              Peterson vs. Matthysse

Winners fight each other with 4 titles on the line (WBC, WBA, IBF and The Ring)
              one can only hope

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                I don't know about that,both Garcia and Peterson both have very good timing..Both have decent power,Peterson a better boxer..But Garcia also goes to that body bro..I think Garcia get's slept on a bit here,I don't know how I would pick that fight..But honestly I don't believe Peterson get's beat up...
                Garcia throws too wide inside. Remember when hehurt Khan, severla times... Khan would get in Garcias chest and Dannys hooks would hit Khan in the back or his biceps would end up hitting Khans shoulders. He can't shorten his punches up enough to be useful inside, Lamont wins on the inside fight alone.

Comment

It's crazy how many entertaining match-ups can be made @140.
                  Yet none will be made

Comment

• Originally posted by deejd View Post
                    Peterson devours Garcia, solely on his inside game. Judah has good shot at the upset, just depends on Garcia's punch resistance.
                    Maybe,I see a close fight tbh..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Maybe,I see a close fight tbh..
                      I hear you, Rome. You could be right. It was Kendall Holt after all... he's never had an inside game himself, but he's been way past it whereas Garcia is still rising.

Comment

Working...
                      X