No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    A lot of Vera's punches indeed landed when Dzin was (willingly, SMH) in a corner. All of Sergei's punches landed as he was sticking the jab in Brian's face while making Vera miss at the same time.
    Again, you win by punches landed, not how many punches you make the other guy miss. Yea Vera isnt an accurate puncher and misses a lot, but he had a very high work rate and landed more punches to compensate for it

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Had Vera up 1 round but he was getting sloppy and outboxed when Dzinz was using the jab. Dzinz would land 15 punches and then Vera lands a decent right...I'm not giving a round like that to Vera. If that first KD counted for Vera then that one for Dzinz should have counted too but that didn't matter in the end.
      That was in the 9th round when Vera looked gassed, certainly not the entire fight. And he wouldnt landed 15, he'd land a couple

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        And which of those did Dzin have? You cant have any of those when the other guy is out landing you with much harder effective punches

Being on the back foot also is not ring generalship.
        Vera knew only one direction: forward. He was swinging wildly all night. He was lucky that Dzin decided to hole himself in a corner so many times, otherwise Brian wouldn't have landed much. Sergei was outboxing Vera through much of the rest. Dzin was, indeed, controlling the flow of the action (otherwise known as ring generalship) in the rounds he won.

By your definition, two bruisers colliding in the middle of the ring is what boxing is all about. Not everyone is born with the same capabilities. Boxing skills were developed, in part, so that weaker men could overcome stronger men. You seem to think that less formidable fighters ought to win every time.

Comment

• it's time to unleash the greatest boxer of all time on you guys.....hakkar power!

hakkar outboxing the "great" hopkins
          Last edited by daggum; 01-26-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Yea the round you reference was the 9th, Dzin's only good round which he clearly won

& Are you going by percentages as to who won rounds, i dont get it? Vera landed more punches thru 7 rounds, and they were power punches not pitty patty jabs
            I gave only gave Dzi 2 or 3 rounds, but Dzi's jabs weren't pitty pat at all. They were stiff jabs, not shitty pitty pat range finders. It's his main punch

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Yea it was messed up by a jab. They showed the slo mo when the jab messed it up

Means nothing
            Pitty pats don't do that.

Comment

Again, you win by punches landed, not how many punches you make the other guy miss. Yea Vera isnt an accurate puncher and misses a lot, but he had a very high work rate and landed more punches to compensate for it
              Making the other guy miss is known by another name: defense. It isn't nearly as important as making solid contact with your punches, but it does count.

Again, I think I've made it clear that I thought Vera was winning, so there's not much point in arguing how many punches he landed.

Comment

Vera knew only one direction: forward. He was swinging wildly all night. He was lucky that Dzin decided to hole himself in a corner so many times, otherwise Brian wouldn't have landed much. Sergei was outboxing Vera through much of the rest. Dzin was, indeed, controlling the flow of the action (otherwise known as ring generalship) in the rounds he won.

By your definition, two bruisers colliding in the middle of the ring is what boxing is all about. Not everyone is born with the same capabilities. Boxing skills were developed, in part, so that weaker men could overcome stronger men. You seem to think that less formidable fighters ought to win every time.
                Wow this post is just bull****! Dzin was controlling the flow of the action?? Is that a joke? What it his plan to get blasted with power punches all night? Vera was landing them in the middle of the ring as well. Having a "boxer style" doesnt automatically give you better ring generalship

I get it, in your opinion boxers win rounds as long as they are cute, have nice footwork and fight going backwards. You dont care about punches landed, which is what winning is about, punches landed. This fight wasnt that much different then Usmanee- Berth, which you somehow scored 6 rounds a piece. For a "brawler" to win rounds on your score card, he has to really kick the other guys ass in the round

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I gave only gave Dzi 2 or 3 rounds, but Dzi's jabs weren't pitty pat at all. They were stiff jabs, not shitty pitty pat range finders. It's his main punch

Pitty pats don't do that.
                  They were pitty patty. Maybe a few were kinda hard

And pitty patty punches can start a cut if landed on the right spot with the other guy running towards you. It wasnt the force of the punch the cut him, it was the placement, right on the brow bridge

Comment

Making the other guy miss is known by another name: defense. It isn't nearly as important as making solid contact with your punches, but it does count.

Again, I think I've made it clear that I thought Vera was winning, so there's not much point in arguing how many punches he landed.
                    Dzin had good defense as well? He was stiff as hell taking bombs from a guy who throws wide and is very predictable all night long. If you give Dzin "defense" credit, please stop scoring

If a guy throw 100 punches in a round and lands 15 bombs, he loses the round when the other guy throws 50 and lands 10. Making a guy miss doesnt count at all when the other guy beats you up in the round

Comment

Wow this post is just bull****! Dzin was controlling the flow of the action?? Is that a joke? What it his plan to get blasted with power punches all night? Vera was landing them in the middle of the ring as well. Having a "boxer style" doesnt automatically give you better ring generalship

I get it, in your opinion boxers win rounds as long as they are cute, have nice footwork and fight going backwards. You dont care about punches landed, which is what winning is about, punches landed. This fight wasnt that much different then Usmanee- Berth, which you somehow scored 6 rounds a piece. For a "brawler" to win rounds on your score card, he has to really kick the other guys ass in the round
                      I had Usmanee winning that fight, but I didn't think he won going away, as many others did. It was refreshing to see that a "close fight" was much more common on the Boxrec forum.

You don't agree with my viewpoint and, frankly, I don't think much of yours. You're overly simplistic. At least a couple of other posters, whose opinion I respect, seem to see things my way. I'm content with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X