The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome..Now Tyson vs Douglas is on..

Comment

• Fu.ck ESPN2 for not having the fights in HD, they had some gay ass martial arts crap before FNF in HD.

Comment

• Originally posted by king09 View Post
        Awesome..Now Tyson vs Douglas is on..
        Biggest upset ever.

Comment

• Johnson sure doesnt look like the light puncher he is.... looks like he would be a much bigger puncher. Vargas with that style has no real future. If he cant get away with it against Johnson, who doesnt throw alot, and has only average power, who is he going to get away with it against.

Had that been Arreola in there with Vargas the fight would have made the 3rd round.

Comment

• ****ing hate it when they replay tyson-douglas....you'd think i woulda gotten over it by now

Comment

• Tonight, Columbian fighter Richard Gutierrez is fighting 22 year old prospect Antwone Smith are fighting. Ive seen both of them fight before, Smith has a good counter right hand but is a patchy type of fighter. I find Gutierrez to be a very live underdog.
              Interestingly enough, both have struggled with 11-8 Jerome Ellis. I dont know what to make of that.

On the undercard, rising Cuban prospect Erislandy Lara is fighting Edwin Vasquez, who looks to be a stepping stone.

They will probably also be showing the pro debut of amateur star Guillermo Rigondeaux. Ive heard real good things about, lets see how good he turns out to be. Well, hes fighting a showcase type of opponent, so he has his chance to impress.

Starts tonight at 9:00(Eastern) on ESPN2!

Comment

• Oh this is gona be sick tonight

Comment

• Freddie Roach is in the studio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    ****ing hate it when they replay tyson-douglas....you'd think i woulda gotten over it by now
                    I remember watching that **** live lol, I was a little kid and my brother was babysitting me and took me next door to watch it on HBO. What a great memory, I always think about that when I see the fight now.

Besides I can never get enough of the Colonel on the mic, he is so good he can do play by play and color commentery at the same time.

Comment

• Been looking forward to this.

Comment

Working...
                      X