The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vargas is JUNK!

Comment

• Fighting with a blown eardrum can't be fun.....

Comment

• If Johnson had a little more POP he'd be a star.

Comment

• Originally posted by dog1dog2 View Post
          Fighting with a blown eardrum can't be fun.....
          No but that's what Teddy Atlas says when you're lying to yourself if you think you can't fight...he could've continued he was just looking for a way out.... he's got that Kermit cintron syndrome

Comment

• Props to Johnson. He did wat he said he would...

Comment

• Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
              No but that's what Teddy Atlas says when you're lying to yourself if you think you can't fight...he could've continued he was just looking for a way out.... he's got that Kermit cintron syndrome
              I can't say that he was looking for a way out.....It's a pretty big shock to the system to blow your eardrum,.....He struggled to adjust for a bit, but he did fight through it.....but he was getting worked, so his corner threw in the towel.

Comment

• Very impressive win for Johnson. Devin Vargas had a great amature pedigree and was a young hungry fighter who come to win, and Johnson took him a apart. That should open a few peoples eye's.

I've watched Johnson most of his career, and his Jab and hand speed have always impressed me. And also a rare stoppage win for Johnson.

I'am sure he will now be after big fights and titles, I wonder if him and Monte Barret will still fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  Kevin Johnson now has a better resume than David Haye.
                  Unifying the CW division > Better than everything KJ has ever done. He is gonna get his ass whooped by any real contender at HW.

Don't let those Classic fumes cloud your judgement.

Comment

• Heres interview with Johnson, from a few years back....
                    Age started boxing: 18. I had 16 amateur fights. I won 14 and lost two.

First boxing memory: My good friend, Nelson, took me to a gym in New Jersey [where Kevin was born – he now lives in Georgia] and introduced me to training, hitting the heavy bag and stuff. I was just a kid and loved it.

Inspiration: It’s a toss-up, between my grandmother and my daughter.

Favourite all-time fighter: I have two, Muhammad Ali and Larry Holmes. Both had great jabs, Ali’s was fast and Larry’s was dangerous. I study both their careers, from the early days to the very end. Larry is very underrated.

Best fight you’ve ever seen: Any Floyd Mayweather Jnr fight. Also, the Oscar De La Hoya-Arturo Gatti fight, I’ll never forget that one.

Pre-fight meal: Turkey meat with turnips and cabbage, and plenty of water and fruit.

What do you do to relax: Spend time with my young daughter. She gets all my spare time.

Pre-fight superstition: I’ve never altered a single thing from when I first stared out. I wear the same training clothing. I do everything exactly the same way now as I did at the start. I’m very religious and I guess I’m superstitious too.

What training, if any, do you do between fights: I’m always in the gym. When I’m not training for a fight I concentrate on my speed work and foot movement. I never get out of shape at all.

Typical breakfast: Eggs and toast.

Toughest part of being a boxer: Nothing! If you love it like I do, then nothing’s hard about boxing.

Favourite music: R & B. Jamie Foxx and other slow stuff. It motivates me.

Last book you read: He-Motions: A deep look at the heart of a man by T.D Jakes.

Favourite film: Scarface.

What car do you drive: A Hummer.

Where do you train: The Total Package Gym, Georgia.

Training routine: Six to eight miles of roadwork each day, up to 15 rounds of sparring a day, followed by 12 straight minutes jumping rope and then a series of sit-ups. I train at the gym from 4.30pm until around 9pm.

Toughest man faced: I’ve not met one yet. I’d say myself actually.

What supplements do you take: Just regular vitamins and multi-vitamins. I don’t really believe in taking supplements.

If you weren’t a boxer: I’d be working in real estate. I used to do that before I was a boxer.

Last place you went on holiday: Jamaica. I went there before my last fight [v Damian Wills].

Best boxer in the sport: Mayweather Jnr. I actually try to train like him. I don’t train like a heavyweight, more like a welterweight. I love Floyd’s speed and coordination, as well as his determination and dedication.

Favourite football team: I don’t like soccer. I don’t like any sports apart from golf and baseball.

Comment

• I seen nothing special from Johnson in this fight. Looks lazy and is kinda slow.

Comment

Working...
                      X