No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Its not punches that missed that win fights, its the ones that land. Vera landed more and they were MUCH harder and more effective.

Ok i agree with you landing punches counts too, and Vera landed more, probably way more

Vera landed more shots and the better shots, what more do you need to win a fight?
    you need spiffy footwork and a light jab that does nothing. then you will officially be "outboxing" your opponent.

Comment

• I like Andrede when he throw hard punches, not when he goes into Mike Jones mode and throws pitty pat ones

Comment

Its not punches that missed that win fights, its the ones that land. Vera landed more and they were MUCH harder and more effective.

Ok i agree with you landing punches counts too, and Vera landed more, probably way more

Vera landed more shots and the better shots, what more do you need to win a fight?
        Vera's punches were undeniably harder (he was putting everything into them) and more effective, but I saw Dzinziruk landing more punches in the rounds he won. Like I said, that fight was close, scoring-wise.

And what Sergei was doing is called boxing, not "running." Dzin was doing well after the first couple of rounds. He gassed before Brian did, which was a big surprise to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by commodus View Post
          What? He never even got KD'd in sparring....that's what HBO said before the Sergio fight. After the fight..........well, we can judge for ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
            Nah but I think teddy or joe called him a caveman.
            I had the sound off.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
              you need spiffy footwork and a light jab that does nothing. then you will officially be "outboxing" your opponent.
              lol You said, "Spiffy."

Comment

He was ruined before Sergio AKA not that good. Anybody who followed him before Sergio knows he's decent, and thats where it ends
                I agree C- level at best.

Comment

• Vera did good in 4 rounds out of 10 those were really the only rounds he did much in.
                  1,2,8,10 there were some other close ones you could give to him also but
                  I don't know how that is dominating the fight~

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Vera's punches were undeniably harder (he was putting everything into them) and more effective, but I saw Dzinziruk landing more punches in the rounds he won. Like I said, that fight was close, scoring-wise.

And what Sergei was doing is called boxing, not "running." Dzin was doing well after the first couple of rounds. He gassed before Brian did, which was a big surprise to me.
                    What rounds did Dzin win? If they release punch stats, Vera probably out landed him in every round except maybe the 9th. The scoring was close in like 2 rounds, and that was because Dzin did much better then in the previous few round when he was getting hammered

Effective Punches landed wins fights, not pitty patty jab and especially not fancy cute footwork. People need to stop giving these "boxers'' like Paulie, Judah and Dzin fights when they run around throwing jabs while getting hammered in return

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Vera did good in 4 rounds out of 10 those were really the only rounds he did much in.
                      1,2,8,10 there were some other close ones you could give to him also but
                      I don't know how that is dominating the fight~
                      Thank you. Vera was winning the fight, mainly on the strength of the two knockdowns in the first. If Brian had a normal, 10-9 first round, the fight might've easily been either knotted up or even in Dzinziruk's favor. Props to Vera, but that fight was up for grabs before the TKO.

Comment

Working...
                      X