Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Broner guy reminds me of a Lightweight version of Andre Berto.

I hope Hopkins calls out Floyd Sr. for his awful training job, ruining any chance Hatton had in the Pacquiao fight. and then making excuses, blaming others and telling Hatton to retire because 'Its time to retire if you lose to anyone worse than my son'.
    what an idiot.

Comment

• man i had row 8 ring-side tickets to the fight tonight. and i didnt go. so my mom and dad went........................................ im kicking myself in the ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by 817boy View Post
        man i had row 8 ring-side tickets to the fight tonight. and i didnt go. so my mom and dad went........................................ im kicking myself in the ass.

damn son, should have hit this one up..looks like a good night of boxing

Comment

• Interesting fight, I pretty much agree with Teddy's scorecard. Broner needs this last round to salvage a draw I think.

Comment

• I just switched on.

A guy got outlanded 180 punches to 90 and still won the decision, or did I not see it right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              I just switched on.

A guy got outlanded 180 punches to 90 and still won the decision, or did I not see it right?
              In some rounds he landed a lot but in others he did not do a lot. I thought a draw would have been fair but a slim win either way is pretty much ok with me. Quintero came in on short notice and ran out of gas after the 6th, it really cost him I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                In some rounds he landed a lot but in others he did not do a lot. I thought a draw would have been fair but a slim win either way is pretty much ok with me. Quintero came in on short notice and ran out of gas after the 6th, it really cost him I guess.
                Thanks for the info Gambler, one of those times when punch stats don't tell the full story I guess.

Comment

• Teddy and B-Hop are right on about Hatton. Although I think Teddy is crazy to think that he could just outbox Pacman. B-Hop is doing his promotional companies property raw tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ~Tunney
                    McEwen seems sturdier than Andy Lee.
                    He seems to be made of a bit sterner stuff than Andy Lee, I still think he does not look like a real prize fighter though. He is young so he could get better, I just think he pushes his punches out there and his boxing ability will not carry him against top notch guys.

Comment

• End of round 3. I'm not scoring it, but I think Vera has done the better work so far. McEwan needs to step it up a notch in order to win, because if it continues like this he will probably get worn down before Vera does.

Comment

Working...
                      X