No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
    4 & 5 were not clear.... I had one going to each fighter, but they could have gone either way.
    Round 4 was clear imo. It might have been round 5 or 6 for the other one.

Round 4, Corley came out and still had the advantage from the previous round. Sanchez seemed back on his legs, but still wasn't throwing enough. He landed a right uppercut or so, but Corley pretty much outlanded and out threw him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarchinyFAN View Post
      I have no problem with your card, as the only round we differ on is one I admit was close (5th). I just dont have any idea how the judges came up with another rd for their margins. 1st & 8th were easily Corley's and he had the KD in the 3rd for the 10-8 rd. I dont get how the judges got 77-74.
      Me neither was thinking SD or 76-75 all around for Sanchez, but the 77-74 was kind of ridiculous.

Comment

• kinda felt bad for Corley.....

I was curious to see what he was gonna do with that mask had he won.....

Nothing worse than losing when you have a prop ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
          Me neither was thinking SD or 76-75 all around for Sanchez, but the 77-74 was kind of ridiculous.
          How is 77-74 ridiculous when your card reads 76-75, which is ridiculous also, but just saying.

Comment

• Burpppppppppppppppppppppp...bump

Danny Jacobs 2nite...he was actually sparring in my gym last week(Freeport PAL Boxing). He wasn't goin hard tho...

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
              Burpppppppppppppppppppppp...bump

Danny Jacobs 2nite...he was actually sparring in my gym last week(Freeport PAL Boxing). He wasn't goin hard tho...
              STREAM Please!!

Comment

• 10:30 start time eastern...Sorry bishop I aint got no links...and I don't know how to stream myself lol

Comment

• This will be the thread that we can all talk in about Friday Night Fights. I find that Im the only one who ends up making a thread for them, and I dislike making multiple threads, so Im just gonna make one and edit it and update it for all the upcoming FNF events.

Tonight, Antonio Escalante and Gary Stark Jr. are scheduled to go 12 rounds for some reason in a super Bantamweight fight. Escalante was last seen on Friday Night Fights when he pulled off an upset KO win over Mike Oliver, who was due a title shot.

On the undercard, undefeated 22 year old prospect Daniel Jacobs is finally stepping up a little bit, facing Jose Varela. Varela isnt a huge step up, but he has actually faced top fighters before, having gone the distance against Edison Miranda and has a win over Manuel Gomez. On the other hand, hes lost his last 3 fights...but hes only been stopped by MA Rubio and Joel Julio, so hes not awful.

Also, Im not sure if anyone is going to bother making a thread or not, so you go ahead and talk about the Showtime card tonight in here if you want to.

23 year old Deandre Latimore is fighting Cory 'Hit Sooze One More Time' Spinks for the vacant IBF Light Middleweight Title. The titles nowadays are a joke, but Spinks and Latimore are still both sop fighters in the division, so its an important fight. Latimore can crack, and upset Sechel Powell in last fight...if he can stop Spinks, itll say something. I hate his boringness, but the guy is pretty damn hard to hit.
                  If Latimore impresses(assuming he wins), he might be able to fill the missing gap of the poor man in my avatar at 154lbs. they guy is 23 years old, after all.

On the undercard, 140lb prospect Devon Alexander is fighting a sacrificial lamb, Jesus Rodriguez. Alexander is rated highly by the garbage alphabet belts, and for no reason. BUT, that doesnt make him a bad fighter. Ive yet to see him fight, so lets see if he deserves the ranking they gave him. Hes 22, and a former amateur champion.

Starts tonight at 10:30(Eastern) on ESPN2!
                  And the Showtime card starts at 11.

Comment

• will be interesting to see alexander and jacobs.
                    but tomorrow...i'm realy looking forward to.
                    almost over amping!
                    where's that bong& bubble!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                      This will be the thread that we can all talk in about Friday Night Fights. I find that Im the only one who ends up making a thread for them, and I dislike making multiple threads, so Im just gonna make one and edit it and update it for all the upcoming FNF events.

Tonight, Antonio Escalante and Gary Stark Jr. are scheduled to go 12 rounds for some reason in a super Bantamweight fight. Escalante was last seen on Friday Night Fights when he pulled off an upset KO win over Mike Oliver, who was due a title shot.

On the undercard, undefeated 22 year old prospect Daniel Jacobs is finally stepping up a little bit, facing Jose Varela. Varela isnt a huge step up, but he has actually faced top fighters before, having gone the distance against Edison Miranda and has a win over Manuel Gomez. On the other hand, hes lost his last 3 fights...but hes only been stopped by MA Rubio and Joel Julio, so hes not awful.

Also, Im not sure if anyone is going to bother making a thread or not, so you go ahead and talk about the Showtime card tonight in here if you want to.

23 year old Deandre Latimore is fighting Cory 'Hit Sooze One More Time' Spinks for the vacant IBF Light Middleweight Title. The titles nowadays are a joke, but Spinks and Latimore are still both sop fighters in the division, so its an important fight. Latimore can crack, and upset Sechel Powell in last fight...if he can stop Spinks, itll say something. I hate his boringness, but the guy is pretty damn hard to hit.
                      If Latimore impresses(assuming he wins), he might be able to fill the missing gap of the poor man in my avatar at 154lbs. they guy is 23 years old, after all.

On the undercard, 140lb prospect Devon Alexander is fighting a sacrificial lamb, Jesus Rodriguez. Alexander is rated highly by the garbage alphabet belts, and for no reason. BUT, that doesnt make him a bad fighter. Ive yet to see him fight, so lets see if he deserves the ranking they gave him. Hes 22, and a former amateur champion.

Starts tonight at 10:30(Eastern) on ESPN2!
                      And the Showtime card starts at 11.
                      He is pretty good, I've seen him like twice I think. I burn all the FNF/Showtime/HBO/Versus fights to dvd and upload later. FNF is great for boxing news and prospects. Getting ready for that ****e now, woot-woot

Comment

Working...
                      X