Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe Outpoints Bernard Hopkins To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yall think Bernard got more beat up than Joe. Ill give Joe a victory cuz yall obviously like punches landed (even though they didnt do much), but my question is who got their ass beat in there????

Comment

Yea it's very hard to look good against Hopkins because he's so defensive and cagey. Still even with Hopkin's super defense, and even after the quick knockdown, Joe still managed to land more hits against Hopkins than anyone ever has.

Comment

Completely BS knockdown in the first round (Hopkins caught him with a decent shot but then bum rushed him, pushing him down,) but Calzaghe still won, at least by about 3 points.

Comment

Hopkin got owned

Comment

Calzaghe isn't a fighter who likes to lead which is why Hopkins did so well, Hopkins is also great vs southpaws. Calzaghe would own Pavlik because Pavlik walks forward, not backwards.

Comment

damn it, I agree...this coming from a B-Hop fan... Joe did just enough to get a SD...and its hard to look good vs. hopkins anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by raysan View Post
                didnt know Nevada judges were scoring it by amateur rules, much props to Bernard "THE PEOPLES CHAMPION" Hopkins for showing us what we all knew about Joe, hes an overrated guy whos throws a lot of punches. Ill give Joe a ton of credit for not embarassing himself out there with a legend, but to think he won that fight is ridiculous.
                Dont be a sore loser. It' was closer than expected, and Bernhard fought a good fight. Now pay up!

Comment

I'm British and I thought Calzaghe was ****

I'm English a quarter Welsh, obviously wanted Joe to win, and am very glad he did win.

However my gripe is;

1. He acted like he won before the announcement.
                  2. He landed **** all.
                  3. Me and my bro had him up by one round very generously.

I thought he had lost on decision (Yank judges) and he didn't do enough to win in my opinion.

Ah well, bring on Jones Jr, or whoever and let him cement his "legacy."

Comment

I am all for getting behind your fighter/country/race, etc (to promote an event). but it would be really refreshing one day to turn around and say "Hey I was wrong on that one!" End of the day Clzaghe won, wasn't pretty but was effective, he had a plan B, Hopkins didn't. Don't whine about it you just look like a ****ing fool!

Comment

Joe was **** but had heart, Hopkins was lazy

Effort won this

Comment

Working...
                      X